Yankee Capts 2 day Marathon
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yankee Capts 2 day Marathon

Just wanted to post a quick report on the 2 day Mutton Marathon this past weekend. Had a great time as usual and caught a few fish to boot. My buddy and I did OK but probably could have done better if the front hadn't passed through Saturday evening. The winds picked up blowing a good 20 knots and kicked the waves up. We ended up with 13 muttons, 4 grouper and a few yellow tails. We picked at them most of the trip except for the sunrise bite on Saturday. Just after sunrise some nice size muttons came over the rail one-after-another. I don't know exactly what everyone else caught but there were a couple big kings, a few other nice groupers and a couple nice blackfins caught. Didn't get a chance to take many picture during the trip but took this one when I got home.

Seem there was a stop in the inside reef, grovers/red grouper etc. Was there a pinkie bite after the front came thru when you were sitting inside? The mix is a nice change.

Heard some limited out on pinkies. An couple of open bites can fill up the coolers quick. This w/e could be a repeat with the better weather coming in the end. Perhaps a hundred miles or less separates us from the expected ugly weather further north.

Have not made it inside the reef this year. No need too.

Check out my report, a explaination is there.

Greg

Greg,

Where is your report posted?

Juan

Xaf...Nice catch!

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Can't wait for my upcoming Yankee Captains trip... great job!

Nice report man. Great job on the muttons and groupers. I was out on Yuri's boat. You guys were in sight most of the trip. We pounded the muttons pretty good. The front didn't shut the bite down for us at all. We had a wicked mutton bite Sunday morning. Looking forward to fishing with you Greg in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by swinsond1971 View Post
    Nice report man. Great job on the muttons and groupers. I was out on Yuri's boat. You guys were in sight most of the trip. We pounded the muttons pretty good. The front didn't shut the bite down for us at all. We had a wicked mutton bite Sunday morning. Looking forward to fishing with you Greg in a couple of weeks.
    when are you goin? DanMontz and I are going on the 14th.

Going on the 17th Monday night. Leave me a few will ya. LOL.

haha...first time to the tortugas, so we'll see what happens, but im sure there is enough for everyone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast