Useful Links

Requested by NOAA-Enforcement.

NOAA's South East Region:

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/permits/permits.htm

NOAA's Office of Law Enforcement:

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/penalty.html

NOAA's Office of LawEnforcement - South East Region:

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/se_southeast.html
    Last edited by NOAA-Enforcement; 06-13-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I知 willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement

State Agencies:

Alabama Department of Conservation
    and Marine Resources 251-861-2882
    Information or to report state fishing
    violations 251-968-7576
    24-hour voice mail to report state fishing
    violations 251-476-1256

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation
    Commission information 850-488-4676
    To report state fishing violations 850-488-9924
    888-404-3922
    Cellular phone *FWC

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and
    Fisheries information 225-765-2800
    To report state fishing violations 800-442-2511

Mississippi Department of Marine Resources
    Information and to report state fishing
    violations 228-374-5000

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
    Information 800-792-1112
    To report state fishing violations 512-389-4848
    281-842-8100
    800-792-game

NC Division of Marine Fisheries
    Information: 252/726-7021
    Report state violations: 1-800/682-2632 (NC Only)

SC DNR – Marine Resources Division
    Information: 843/953-9300
    Report state violations: 1-800/922-5431
    GA DNR – Wildlife Resources Division
    Information: 912/264-7218
    Report state violations: 1-800/241-4113
    Last edited by NOAA-Enforcement; 06-13-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I知 willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.

Telephone Numbers:

NMFS Operations Branch 727-824-5305

NMFS Permits and Regulations Branch 877-376-4877

NMFS nationwide federal fishing violations hotline 800-853-1964

NMFS 24-hour tuna information line 888-872-8862 also for tuna permit applications) 978-281-9260

NMFS Highly Migratory Species Division 301-713-2347

NMFS Swordfish/Billfish Recreational Reporting 800-894-5528

Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary 409-621-5151

Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary 305-809-4700

South Atlantic Fishery Management Council 843-571-4366

Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission 228-875-5912

U.S. Coast Guard, 7th District 305-415-6781

(Florida east of St. Marks)
    U.S. Coast Guard, 8th District 504-671-2245

(St. Marks, Florida to Texas)

NOAA Law Enforcement Offices:

Regional NMFS Office for Law Enforcement 727-824-5344

NMFS Enforcement Field Offices:

St. Petersburg, FL 727-893-3616

Marathon, FL 305-743-3110

Niceville, FL 850-729-8628

Slidell, LA 985-643-6232

Galveston, TX 409-770-0812

Harlingen, TX 956-423-3450

Miami, FL. 954-746-4160

Titusville, FL. 321-269-0004
    Last edited by NOAA-Enforcement; 06-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Highly Migratory Species:

All HMS species (except blackfin tuna) require an HMS Angling Category permit from NOAA Fisheries. Permits are available by calling 888-872-8862 or visiting www.nmfspermits.com. No sale permitted for HMS species caught under an angling permit. Additional recreational reporting requirements apply for swordfish, billfish, and Atlantic bluefin tuna.

For complete HMS regulations, contact the NOAA Fisheries HMS Management Division at 301-713-2347 or visit the web site at www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/.

For updates on tuna quota monitoring and tuna retention limit adjustments, anglers may call the Atlantic Tunas Information Line at 888-872-8862 or 978-281-9305, or visit www.nmfspermits.com. For further information on tunas, contact the HMS Management Division located in Gloucester, MA at 978-281-9260.

Recreational swordfish and billfish landings should be re-ported to 800-894-5528.

THE OFFICE OF THE
    SOUTHEAST REGIONAL COUNSEL

The Office of the Southeast Regional Counsel (GCSE) is co-located with the Southeast Region of the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) in St. Petersburg, Florida. GCSE provides legal advice and assistance on issues related to the administration of NOAA programs in the eight coastal states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, the inland states of Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Tennessee, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

GCSE has four attorneys, two paralegals, two support staff. The Southeast Regional Counsel is B. Michael McLemore. The Southeast Deputy General Counsel is Monica Smit-Brunello.

Contact Information:
    The Office of the Southeast
    Regional Counsel
    263-13th Ave. S., Suite 177
    St. Petersburg, FL 33701
    Telephone: 727/824-5370
    Fax: 727/824-5376

Amberjack Identification

Federal Fishery Bulletins:

REMINDER:

If you would like to continue to receive the NOAA Fisheries Service Southeast Fisheries Bulletin, you MUST ACT NOW.

NOAA Fisheries Service is going to begin using a third party as a means to distribute current and proposed rules by way of our electronic fishery bulletin. In order to receive the fishery bulletin electronically, via email, you must sign up through Constant Contact. Constant Contact is an internet-based distribution service. This service also allows you to subscribe or unsubscribe at any time.

Receiving the fishery bulletin electronically via email will continue to provide you with a color version that will now feature informational links, images and furthers NOAA's environmental commitment to reduce paper.

To sign up for Constant Contact please visit:
    http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.c...=1109061162788

If you do not sign up through Constant Contact you will not continue to receive the fishery bulletins electronically, effective May 31, 2012, but you will be able to find them on our website at http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/bulletins/..._bulletins.htm

IMPORTANT - Until June 1 you may receive duplicate bulletins as we make the transition over to Constant Contact.

If you have questions please contact NOAA Fisheries Southeast Regional Office via email at sero.communications.comments@noaa.gov

Constant Contact is a third party website with its own Terms and Conditions. Please read the privacy statement and terms and conditions. Any information sent via email will also be posted on NOAA's Southeast Fisheries Service website. Registering for this service is for convenience. You may discontinue receiving emails at any time by unsubscribing using the link provided in each email from Constant Contact.

Constant Contact Privacy Policy
    At Constant Contact, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and those who use our website and our products and services. This privacy statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used. Personal information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing. This privacy statement applies to the Constant Contact website, products and services that are located in the roving and Constant Contact domains and any other sites owned or operated by Constant Contact (the "Sites"). Constant Contact, Inc. is located at 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451.

Anti Spam Policy
    Constant Contact has a no tolerance spam policy. Constant Contact's customer support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to a large number of contacts. Any customer found to be using Constant Contact for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at abuse@constantcontact.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast