Voter ID - Page 12

Florida Sportsman

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Voter ID

Quote Originally Posted by dstockwell View Post
    Everyone needs a photo I.D. any problem will be solved.
    35 states including Florida already do.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid

Quote Originally Posted by dstockwell View Post
    Everyone needs a photo I.D. any problem will be solved.
    That and verification of proof of citizenship when registering to vote.

Phil, as we are learning, laws and regulations are only as valid as the agency enforcing them. It is a third degree felony in Fl to falsify voter registration by claiming to be a citizen...yet that's exactly what at least three people (willing to talk on camera - 94 overall) in Lee county did...and they voted! Each vote takes away the right of a legal voter to have his voice heard at the poll.

Now, Phil, I know that you assume those illegal voters are voting along your party lines, so you're ok with it. What will you do when the day comes that it's your vote that's cancelled? Somehow, I imagine you'll think it is a big deal then.

I think it's a big deal now, with no assumptions about their votes...it is that each illegal vote tramples on the constitutional right of a legal voter.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

Banned
    Voter fraud is rampant, the left is full of crap with their crys of racism being the only reason to demand ID's.

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Voter fraud is rampant, the left is full of crap with their crys of racism being the only reason to demand ID's.
    If it is, it isn't because of voter IDs. As Gradylady pointed out, the bigger issue seems to be registration and the canvassing board and your elected officials verifying a registration being legitimate is a lot bigger issue. Only 6 state have no laws regarding voter I.D., That kind of negates the I.D. being the cause of voter fraud.

I still think the biggest fraud is the abuse of congressional district designs done by the politicians themselves. the next biggest issue might be inept elected officials not doing their job in verifying registrations.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid

Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post

I still think the biggest fraud is the abuse of congressional district designs done by the politicians themselves. the next biggest issue might be inept elected officials not doing their job in verifying registrations.
    I couldn't agree more

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0540.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	126317
    I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Grady-lady View Post
    That and verification of proof of citizenship when registering to vote.

Phil, as we are learning, laws and regulations are only as valid as the agency enforcing them. It is a third degree felony in Fl to falsify voter registration by claiming to be a citizen...yet that's exactly what at least three people (willing to talk on camera - 94 overall) in Lee county did...and they voted! Each vote takes away the right of a legal voter to have his voice heard at the poll.

Now, Phil, I know that you assume those illegal voters are voting along your party lines, so you're ok with it. What will you do when the day comes that it's your vote that's cancelled? Somehow, I imagine you'll think it is a big deal then.

I think it's a big deal now, with no assumptions about their votes...it is that each illegal vote tramples on the constitutional right of a legal voter.
    First of all, I'm NOT ok with voter fraud in any way shape or form, no matter what party benefits. Second, do you have a source for all that voter fraud in Lee county? First I've heard of it.

As for proof of citizenship when registering, I agree 100% and have said so many times on this forum. Fix that first!! Even in FL, ID and proof of citizenship is not required to register to vote. Print out a PDF form found online, fill it out, sign it, and mail it in. Voila'.

I think the mail-in registration "was" a good idea, perhaps a little naive, but it opens the door for someone who's willing to risk jail and/or deportation to register illegally. My guess is that number is less than 0.00001%, and when it IS done, I'll even suggest it's done out of ignorance, not with malice.

Now, someone suggested county officials doing their job by verifying registrations. Can you imagine the cumbersome task of verifying registrations? Wouldn't it be easier to just have people register in person and provide a birth certificate at that time? Or, we should be required to submit a birth certificate with the registration form and a SASE for its return if we want it back.

And, these suggestions I'm making must be nationalized and uniform for all states.
    Last edited by phlatsphil; 03-24-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    "The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it." George Bernard Shaw

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=940&dateline=13118707  83
    509th Radio Research Group, 224th Aviation Battalion, 146th Aviation Company

Quote Originally Posted by phlatsphil View Post
    First of all, I'm NOT ok with voter fraud in any way shape or form, no matter what party benefits. Second, do you have a source for all that voter fraud in Lee county? First I've heard of it.

As for proof of citizenship when registering, I agree 100% and have said so many times on this forum. Fix that first!! Even in FL, ID and proof of citizenship is not required to register to vote. Print out a PDF form found online, fill it out, sign it, and mail it in. Voila'.

I think the mail-in registration "was" a good idea, perhaps a little naive, but it opens the door for someone who's willing to risk jail and/or deportation to register illegally. My guess is that number is less than 0.00001%, and when it IS done, I'll even suggest it's done out of ignorance, not with malice.

Now, someone suggested county officials doing their job by verifying registrations. Can you imagine the cumbersome task of verifying registrations? Wouldn't it be easier to just have people register in person and provide a birth certificate at that time? Or, we should be required to submit a birth certificate with the registration form and a SASE for its return if we want it back.

And, these suggestions I'm making must be nationalized and uniform for all states.
    The video has been posted on this thread, twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hjmKBfrycQ (link in case you can't open the video)

Phil...the intent, ignorance or malice, is irrelevant. The vote counts the same. Sometimes major elections are decided by a small, normally 'insignificant' number of votes. One non-citizen voting is one too many.

Some have suggested that voter registration be tied into social security numbers. In Fl, at least, D.L. renewals now require proof of citizenship...but there are many millions yet to be renewed.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

Quote Originally Posted by phlatsphil View Post

Everything can be faked. The canvassing board still has to verify every registration to insure the person is a citizen and resident of that voting district. With the modern computer databases it should not be that hard. Most aren't willing to cross check the databases when a registration comes in. You could verify any registration within a couple of hours. First check driver's license. second social Security, third birth records. If they can't be verified, then you require them to mail in documentation. 90% of the people could easily be verified as citizens very quickly and easily rather than having to be responsible for documents being sent in the mail to be lost or deal with them coming in person.

Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Everything can be faked. The canvassing board still has to verify every registration to insure the person is a citizen and resident of that voting district. With the modern computer databases it should not be that hard. Most aren't willing to cross check the databases when a registration comes in. You could verify any registration within a couple of hours. First check driver's license. second social Security, third birth records. If they can't be verified, then you require them to mail in documentation. 90% of the people could easily be verified as citizens very quickly and easily rather than having to be responsible for documents being sent in the mail to be lost or deal with them coming in person.
    Here is a link to the Florida Voter Registration form... it must be mailed or delivered in person, no online registration.

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/pdf/webappform.pdf

• date of birth - check
    • FL DL number - check
    • name - check
    • last 4 of SS number - check

They don't even ask WHERE you were born. I guess it's not important.
    "The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it." George Bernard Shaw

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=940&dateline=13118707  83
    509th Radio Research Group, 224th Aviation Battalion, 146th Aviation Company

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast