Gravity

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gravity

Gravity

Went to the movie today, first time in more than a year. Saw Gravity. Great movie!!

3D ticket price - $14 each. Why in the world would I pay $14 to see a movie? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the movie was "worth" the price.

Medium size popcorn - $6.75. Why in the world would I pay $6.75 for a bag of popcorn? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the popcorn was "worth" the price.

Medium diet coke - $4.75. Why in the world would I pay $4.75 for a medium fountain drink? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the drink was "worth" the price.

Median price for gasoline in this country - $3.34 / gallon. Why in the world would anyone pay $3.34 for one gallon of gas? Because we are willing and able to, so apparently gasoline is "worth" the price.

Economics 101 lesson for Sunday, 27 October 2013.

voice of enlightenment in a sea of idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by phlatsphil View Post
    Went to the movie today, first time in more than a year. Saw Gravity. Great movie!!

3D ticket price - $14 each. Why in the world would I pay $14 to see a movie? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the movie was "worth" the price.

Medium size popcorn - $6.75. Why in the world would I pay $6.75 for a bag of popcorn? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the popcorn was "worth" the price.

Medium diet coke - $4.75. Why in the world would I pay $4.75 for a medium fountain drink? Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the drink was "worth" the price.

Median price for gasoline in this country - $3.34 / gallon. Why in the world would anyone pay $3.34 for one gallon of gas? Because we are willing and able to, so apparently gasoline is "worth" the price.

Saw the same movie in IMAX. Tickets were $19.00 ea. (Actually they were $17.00 but wife insisted I buy them on-line ahead of time so $2.00 per ticket service fee.

BTW, the movie did not wow me like I was told it would.

Film was made with tax kickbacks. UK funds this time, we think.
    "The internet gives people an opportunity to generate lies faster... and for business reasons." - Eric Schmidt, Google

Because I am willing and able to, so apparently the movie was "worth" the price.

It's called 'utility'.

I rather spend the money on a concert ticket. But going to the movies for two every once in a while is certainly worth it!
    Economists, scientists, and moms overwhelmingly supported Obama.

You made a choice to spend your money as you chose..... Even you must see the irony here when compared to let's say "other" Govt Mandated items....

Thank you for an early morning chuckle....

Quote Originally Posted by CatBox View Post
    You made a choice to spend your money as you chose..... Even you must see the irony here when compared to let's say "other" Govt Mandated items....

Thank you for an early morning chuckle....
    Do you really think he'll get the point?
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!

Because I am willing and able to,

Because we are willing and able to,

No one forced you to do the above. I'm glad you understand now.
    "....once the glitches get worked out." ~gunby31

Anything to divert.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    No one forced you to do the above. I'm glad you understand now.
    What have you been forced to do?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunch of 1 percenter elitists boasting in this thread.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast