Fishing the IFA Kayak Tour Ruskin event

Florida Sportsman

Fishing the IFA Kayak Tour Ruskin event

Me and my friend Conrad Fiocca fished the IFA Kayak Tour event in Ruskin this past weekend. Prior to the captains meeting we had very poor prefishing results and on tournament day I decided to fish close to the hotel area. On tournament day we launched by the hotel and paddled out to immediately get into redfish and trout. We caught quite a few trout with the biggest being 18". We paddled over to the redfish spot and we both caught a red within 10 minutes of getting there. We decided to continue to try and upgrade our reds. We both caught 4 or 5 more reds until we each had a 24-25 inch red. We looked around but then came back to our original spot, and Conrad decided to throw a rattle trap and ended up catching a 27" red! The bite slowed down and we we headed out to try for bigger trout and I decided to try close to the shore and I hooked into what I thought was a big trout until it came up and decided to take off across the flat, and it was a big red! After a nice drag screaming fight I brought in what turned out to be a big 29" red. After that we went out and caught a few more trout and the wind picked up and we called it a day. I had a 47" slam and Conrad had a 45" slam. We went to the weigh in and after a tense wait we ended up placing great. Conrad placed fourth and I ended up placing third and received top junior angler. We had a great time there and good job to everyone that fished.

Coby Pawlowski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

nice work dude, sounds like a fun event!

Nice job!

Congrats and a nice job.

Coby & Conrad. Great job you two, any luck with the Z-Mans. Take care-------Frank