8/31-9/2~~~PULLEY RIDGE~~ "Private Charter" ~~Round 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cape Coral Fla, was Long Island for 52 years

Update 9/2~ 2spots just opened for 9/5 ~~PULLEY RIDGE~~ "Private Charter" ~~Round 2

Hope this is allowed and given the fact that Capt. Greg and Steve (EC Newell~man) have been friends for well over 20 years Greg called Steve via satellite phone, with a report on the First Day. I as well, have been friends with Steve for the better part of 15-20 years and a great guy.

I am not trying to promote another site but really save myself some legwork with daily reports on these type trips as they are new on the menu for the Yankee Capts.. The first trip went so well Greg had booked a private charter as soon as the reports came out.

I'll post some pictures here as they get them but for the full report please click this link, register if you want (to see photos), its free to keep up with what is going on.

http://www.fishingunited.com/forum/v...p?f=67&t=13628

Like I stated this is just to save me some legwork and once you see the way the report is written you should understand why I posted the link rather then C&P the report.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hawkboat; 09-02-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Capt Bill

Part of the Report:

Just as I thought. Conditions were textbook for drifting, as the boat was moving along at .8 and some anglers were already putting into box, 4 to 5 fish on each drift!
    Capt Bill

Update 9/1

Just got this fast note. Amazing

Re: AUG 31, 2013 - YANKEE CAPTS - ON THE GROUNDS FISHING REPORT - RETURN TO PULLEY RIDGE ON THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND - TOTES ARE BEING FILLED ALREADY

New postby EC NEWELLMAN Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I spoke with Captain Greg late this morning and he said that the Ultra-Limited Charter had filled all the fish boxes and used up all the ice!

Captain Greg was able to then prospect another area along and down the edge and customers were treated to putting some golden tilefish into the boat..where they put them is another question!

There as just one or two more drifts to be made in the area and the YANKEE CAPTS will be steaming back in from the Ridge area and should be in later tonight, with a group that I was told experienced some pretty special drop and lock fishing on this trip.

Ps, I should of added, that a few nice Warsaw Groupers were also caught.

I am one looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Capt Bill

Fast report:

September 1 2013 Wind Southeast 10 Knots Temperature 85 Degrees

Sometimes things come together just the way you want them too. Sometimes you just get lucky. I find it hard to describe the feeling of having two trips in a month that completely exceed my expectations after doing this for 25 years. Captain "I got Big Plans" would be proud. That being said I can report everybody caught dinner this weekend.

Friday night we took another big ride. Just shy of 130 miles from Key West. First stop was a training mission after that it was on. Drift after drift of blueline tiles, golden tiles, snowy groupers, barrelfish, blackbelly rosefish, queen snappers to 23 pounds, red snapper, blackfin tuna, longtail bass, specked hind grouper, yelloweye snapper, warsaw grouper, amberjack, red grouper, scamp grouper, yellowedge grouper, vermillion snapper, hambone snapper, mutton snapper, pink porgy, jolthead porgy and a couple more types of fish that I am sure I missed.

When the dust settled the back boxes were full. We caught almost as much fish as the first deep water trip but fished 18 hours instead of 36, with a smaller group. For those of you who were on the first trip I am sure this puts this trip into a context that is hard to imagine.

On Sunday at 1:00 PM I left them biting and we had just done our best drift for size and quality.

The only thing that did not work was the night time bite. The current was ripping up on the bank, you could hardly hold bottom with 3 pounds of lead on the anchor. We managed one lonely mutton and a couple of tunas. Honestly it was great to ge a solid nights sleep in a flat calm ocean. I know the anglers appreciated it too. It was hot, Africa hot, probably the hottest days of the summer. With all the cranking guys had to do they were beat. Except the electric reel crowd. That, however that is a story for another day.

Observed quite a few things this trip that I will pass along. A couple of things we have been doing need to be tweaked,

Need to recharge my batteries. More in a couple of days.

Greg

2 spots just opened for this upcoming trip departing on 9/5 @ 8PM

http://www.thundertix.com/buy/showse...n=447&eid=8302
    Capt Bill

This trip was not a Pulley Ridge charter to begin with. I gave them the option to try something different. Why? Because of the great weather forecasted for the weekend. I also knew the weekend bite in the Tortugas would be more of the same. Just grinding away, doing the same old thing. This group fishes with me often so I knew I had some lee way and they are excellent fisherman.

Sadly we lost three anglers because of the change of plans. They wanted muttons, muttons and more muttons. I even gave them the option of not paying (FREE TRIP) if they felt they did not get their money's worth by doing this type of trip. They declined and last I saw was the west end of a east bound truck headed up the Keys. Every time I think I have seen everything someone steps up and blows me out of the water.

Greg

Free trip to pulley ridge!!!!!?
    Gotta be retards to turn that down.lmao.good job capt Greg.It seems you just get better and better the more you go out there.please pass along any new info that may help on a future RIDGE trip,

Wow, that's an insane trip! Thanks for the report!

36 hrs condensed to 18 plus a few less fisherman than the 1st, wow. It is indeed another super epic trip. Congrats. Sure do miss the night action which feels more like a normal DT drop except 3 times more intense bite and variety of species. The pinky were generally smaller. Giant hambones and warsaws... that makes it interesting.

Giving up a trip to the "promise land" wow.....Cant believe I just read that.

1) Some will lead in hopes of others following.

2) You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

I don't understand either especially given the fact it was for a price of a mutton trip with a promise for refund in not happy!
    Capt Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast