Yankee Captains 2 day trip 8/24-25
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
    Cape Coral Fla, was Long Island for 52 years

Yankee Captains 2 day trip 8/24-25

Some dinner, but mostly as Greg would say a real "GRIND!" Current was a killer used up to 24 OZ of lead and still couldn't hold bottom @ 235 feet

But when went around 100- 130 guys where Yellow Tailing of the stern, looked liked Times Square on NY's Eve...these old bones went down for sleep. Lets put it this way, normally when yellow tailing you can flat line with a jig head, 1/2 OZ or so,,,not here 8+ OZ's to get down. The people who did fish them though did extremely well.

For me personally,One nice mutton about 12 or so pounds and one ARS about 8 and one Jolt Head Porgy who had pair of shoulders,,,frisky little critter about 5 pounds.

Ok got the Stinker out of the way..up next my first deep drop trip on PULLEY RIDGE. I was lucky enough to talk with someone on the last trip nicknamed BRICKS..(if you saw the size of this young man you would understand why he is called Bricks) This guy had shoulders that took up the whole walkway when walking down the boat and a SUPER nice guy. Him and I fished the bow together.

Even though the bite was not red hot I did get to meet some very nice people who are smart enough not to blame the Capt. for the conditions but just deal with what is dealt to you and make the best of it.

That is one thing I have to say personality wise fishing the Yankee Capts, never had a problem with any clients, in fact just the opposite, most will exchange information to and critique you on how to make your trip better.

Any way he described Pulley Ridge was just SICK fishing, lots of Golden and blue Tiles, all sorts of exotics, something a true die-heart has to do once in their lives.

Have all the gear I need for the Pulley Ridge trip expect maybe for a tank of O2..

Granted not the best report but no one bats a 1000 all the time, that's why it's called fishing, not catching

Nice meeting all, Chin and his group , Albert and Dad, Bricks, hope to see everyone again sometime
    Capt Bill

Accurate report Capt. Bill, we had to make the best of the conditions given to us on the stern. It was great meeting and fishing with you hope to see you on the rail again sometime.

I managed to haul up two muttons, two yellow eyes, a decent AJ and a mess of yellowtails and mangroves. Unfortunately the tide slacked late so we could only really make one decent effort deep at 275 where dad hooked a 10lb 8oz red. Lyndon was kind enough to weigh the fish for us.

One of the other issues this trip was the ever presence of sharks. I mean the shark action was non stop upon most spots and they came up steadily through saturday until Capt. Greg made a drastic move.

Capt Greg remained optimistic about moving around and trying to escape the tide, as well as sharks and as he said in his report over the intercom came the words "Gonna do a drastic change here". Was for the best, because we got in some solid yellowtail, spotty mutton action, and a mangrove that was 19 inches. As always Capt. Greg runs an excellent operation and does his best to put us on the best fishing possible.

Chin and his group managed some nice fish including a 12lber mutton, and a very solid yelloweye in the 5lb range.

Dad unfortunately did not enter the pool with a cool 34lb kingfish for whatever reason

Met some very talented folks on the Yankee Capts and I had a great time fishing with them and meeting them on deck.

Highlights and final haul

Last edited by Pargito; 08-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Nice fishing with you guys.hawkboat good luck on THE RIDGE

THE RIDGE!!!

Thanks...I like that!

Capt Bill

Nice job making the most of it!

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Thanks Rob
    Capt Bill

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Greg

Thanks for the report! I'll be down in two weeks! Can't wait, it's been a couple months.