Offshore 8/21 - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offshore 8/21

Can't answer for Jim, but I prefer a black over silver X-Rap or a Black & Purple Bomber CD30 right in the prop wash. I rig mine on wire simply because you are just as likely to get a bite from a wahoo, and some of them can be bruisers .
    K

I think fishing frenzy is right, although we are also having luck with orange over yellow and our orange black yuzuri Bonita has lots of chunks missing! Finally, we have been know to put a yellow Mann stretch 30 right off the transom that one of the crew painted yellow with a can of spray paint and that has lots of chunks missing as well.

Thanks for the info. Nice blackfins. We're hoping to get out this weekend. Which colors working? Sizes? Leader? Thanks in advance. My mouth is watering for some BFT sushi! Wasabi and soy onboard! Jeff

Sorry - Didn't see previous posts this time around. Duhhh.

We're heading out to about 400' this Friday (2nd) to see what we can find. Hopefully something with a bill and something we can put wasabe on as well. I will post a report on how we do. Weather may be turning dicey for the offshore ventures Saturday afternoon.
    K

Good luck on the trip Kevin. How far offshore do you need to go to get that deep? Make sure to post some pics. By the way, nice articles in Coastal Angler this month!

RD

8 feet at the 200 mile buoy and 6 at the middle grounds. tropical wave picking up steam in the west gulf. be careful if anyone is going. i think i will be doing some maintenance work this weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123