Offshore 8/21 - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offshore 8/21

Hey sunflower those are good links..now lets all go catch,em up and post our reports..with pictures..
    larrywitt

Nice job offshore. Had a friend out the same day who fished in 150 to 160 feet out Stump Pass, got into some larger (for our coast) Mahi and some BF Tuna on the troll. Biggest Tuna was in the upper 20 lb class. The largest Mahi went almost 20 lb and was followed by several in the 13 to 15 lb range. He also did very well on the bottom with the Red Grouper.

ahhh, sunflower, your confidence shines so bright.

is it really as simple as spending time on the water to find spots or is their anything else one must do while spending time sitting duck-like?

as for rigs, i have been told that there is a secret bottom rig that some tournament winning pros use that consists of a 3-way swivel, banks sinker and half a rubber worm hooked dead in the middle to enhance its spinning action as it flutters to the depths. any truth to this?

finally, when anchoring with precision on a spot, do you continue to read the excellent articles as you deploy the anchor or do you imagine anchoring while reading or do you simply skip the anchoring and imagine what the article says?

btw, i love me some chocolate chip cookies!

Nice haul! That will work for grill and shashimi both. Fat bft!!

just seeing how pretty my signature and new photos are

much nicer
    Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

better
    Mark

What a ham

Dear Michael,

I am waiting for my day. I have successfully identified interesting bottom structures while sitting in the Captain's chair (with the steering turned off), while eating fried chicken, while someone else drove. I have said useful things like umpphh, umpppph, and pointing with my mouth full.

I have never been allowed to position a boat over a tiny structure in the face of conflicting winds and currents, but I have not one, not two, but THREE bookmarks on the article by my hero, Jose Wejebe. It has to be easy.

I am proud to drop rigs that approximate Skylab in complexity and functionality. I'm going to add gears, next. And I reloaded my gear-bag with pink, Yummy worms, and I am going to catch a fish with one on out next trip just to annoy you!

Mark
    Mark

Jim,
    Does it matter what color x-raps you use for Blackfins? Do you rig them with Mono or Wire?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast