Cudjoe Lobster

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cudjoe Lobster

Cudjoe Lobster

Catching a plane from Atlanta tonight flying in to SRQ. Trailering the boat down with Dad first thing in AM.
    Hope the wind lays down and the lobster are plentiful, may spend one afternoon on some yellowtails.
    Anyone have any lobster reports for contents and surrounding area?
    Hopefully I don't miss my connection flight out of Miami this time after too much fun at the KW airport bar, and Mia airport bar...
    Oh wait nevermind direct flight this time!
    Cant wait to get in the water

That area was really hit hard during mini. Some left but mostly shorts

Was hit really hard first few days of regular season as well. You'll have to really work for them around that area. Either go for the sharky waters or hope you found the one that got away on a less well known coral head.

6 person limit in two hours day one... 12 foot of water in ledges.. Unfortunately boat broke down and we were towed in... Anyone know a good mechanic in summer land are. I think it may just be a fuse. Was running fine then shut off. Turning the key doesn't get any sound or reaction...

Cudjoe Lobster

Quote Originally Posted by sk018 View Post
    6 person limit in two hours day one... 12 foot of water in ledges.. Unfortunately boat broke down and we were towed in... Anyone know a good mechanic in summer land are. I think it may just be a fuse. Was running fine then shut off. Turning the key doesn't get any sound or reaction...

Go see Lance at Boyz and Their Toyz Marine on Cudjoe Key. Tell him Bryan from Tampa sent you. He does good work and he's honest. He was the first person I met in the keys 10 years ago. I consider him a friend.

X2 on Lance 305-745-8951
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.

Lance is a good rec.

we ended up renting a boat as we only had 2 days left. Limited every day

Senior Member latitudeajustment's Avatar
    Wow, you guys did real well...guessing you were out back like you planned? Surprised as we picked off some nice ones opening week in that general area but there were multiple other boats as well. Hope your boat was fixed, we also use Lance for our Suzuki 115.

Boat wasn't fixed...We rented one from Cudjoe boat rentals. Yes the lobster were thick. Usually at this point in the season the larger ledges are picked clean and we have to look for small pot holes or crevices. This year some of the obvious ledges still had bugs and the pot holes almost always had a single big one.
    Saw a smallish hammerhead, unfortunately all hogfish we saw were borderline so I never shot any. Too windy to yellowtail out front unfortunately. Anyway, electrical issue with boat, 2 days of boat rental, new iphone 5, plane ticket back to Atlanta--Expensive 4 day trip! But I had a lot of fun and never take for granted any opportunity I have to be in the water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast