Safety Harness Exchange
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Safety Harness Exchange

It's that time of year again where guys are out hanging stands and preparing for the upcoming season. I put up a ladder stand last week and while I was up there nervous, sweating buckets and swatting yellow flies, a thought popped into my head.

Why not create a sticky for people who have extra safety harness that want to pass them along to someone who doesn't have one and wants to hunt safely?
    Sounds like a great idea to me! Of course I was suffering from heat exhaustion at the time, so maybe I was delirious..

Oh, and if anyone is in need of a harness, I have one that came with said ladder stand that I will gladly donate. Just PM me your address, help me cover postage, and it's yours.

Whadda ya' think, Chuck? Can we make this a sticky??
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do

You got it John. Great idea!
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.

Well, I'm looking on Craigslist and am looking for a used stand ... so I can sure use a donated harness. I'll PM my address and find out how to cover the postage.

Rightcoast, you have a PM.

Great news! Two people have contacted me about harnesses. I managed to find another one early this morning, so I can fill their needs. I may have another one that a friend of mine isn't using, and will post it on here when I get it.

If any of you have harnesses laying around, please post them to this thread for someone in need!

And thanks to all who contacted me for hunting safely. Your loved ones greatly appreciate it!

Glad to see this subject finally come up. I have 6-8 that I have almost thrown away a couple of times but know that some one can use. If you tell me where to send them I will gladly find a box and pay for the postage.
    I myself had to be airlifted out of the Big Cypress National Preserve in January of 2010 with a fractured L1. I don't leave the ground without one now.

Sorry about your accident, MCShunter. But happy to hear you are okay, and paying it forward by helping others hunt safe!

I am new at stand hunting so interested to hear about how to safely use a harness. At work we used inertial reels attached to the harness to keep from hitting the ground at speed. Doubting most hunters go to that expense, so what is the option, make the rope a bit shorter than ground level and risk a snapped neck? Or do you tie off short when at height and not tie off going up and down?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBert View Post
    I am new at stand hunting so interested to hear about how to safely use a harness. At work we used inertial reels attached to the harness to keep from hitting the ground at speed. Doubting most hunters go to that expense, so what is the option, make the rope a bit shorter than ground level and risk a snapped neck? Or do you tie off short when at height and not tie off going up and down?
    This might help you understand how treestand harnesses work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OiBv1fR_0

And this will help you understand how to get out of trouble if you do fall while wearing your harness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5keThc6h6o

Thanks again John for the harness!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast