Boat ramps near Homosassa/Crystal river

Florida Sportsman

Boat ramps near Homosassa/Crystal river

Hey guys I been scalloping for years in my 20' CC out of Mcraes in Homosassa. This year I bought a 26' proline and now im worried bout launching At mcares making the U turn to put boat in... IS there a Bigger boat ramp nearby in Homosassa or even Crystal River? Thanks for any and All help guys

There's a decent ramp at the Days Inn in CR. I used to put my 27' in there. No probs, $5 I think. There's also a free ramp under the bridge about 8 miles north of CR, by the FWC station, on the barge canal.

Ive got a 26' Catamaran and have launched at McRaes. It is possible with that size but is tight and you'll take up more than your fair share of the ramp. Ive only launched there with low traffic. Launching there during the thick of scallop season may be a bit more than I'd want to deal with. The link below is good for finding boat ramps.

https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp...c/default.aspx

The ramp by the FWC station gets pretty shallow at low tide. Not sure if a 26' could get in or back out whenever you want. The pay ramp at Riverhaven Marina has plenty of water and room to manuever your trailer, but the ramp is steeper than most. All area ramps get heavy crowds at scallop season, but the free one by McRaes is probably the worst.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cluster.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	88752
    Last edited by Salty Dawg44; 06-07-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Pete

I have a 31' and load/unload it at the barge canal, even at low tide. It is very tight at low tide and shallow. But you can do it.

The ramp at Riverhaven is steep, but the ramp is very short. I've seen some stuff around the 22 foot range launch there with no problems but at low tide it may be an issue, but I'm not sure.

The ramp at Ft Island Trail gets pretty crowded but it will surely have enough room for your boat. I loaded a 29 pro line super sport all the time with no trouble.

12073 W. Ft Island Trail
    Crystal River

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide31 View Post
    There's a decent ramp at the Days Inn in CR. I used to put my 27' in there. No probs, $5 I think. There's also a free ramp under the bridge about 8 miles north of CR, by the FWC station, on the barge canal.

It's $10.00 total fee. Plus your motor gets flushed o the way back in. Just please observe the

# IDLE SPEED ONLY - NO WAKE #
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    .................................................. ............................
    IBEW LU 433

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    The ramp at Ft Island Trail gets pretty crowded but it will surely have enough room for your boat. I loaded a 29 pro line super sport all the time with no trouble.

12073 W. Ft Island Trail
    Crystal River
    We put in a 35' there and never had any problems...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways.