Over Slot Red Slam! Ft Pierce 5/23/13

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Over Slot Red Slam! Ft Pierce 5/23/13

Met up today with Nick (ShallowWaterAssassin on the FS forum), launched and headed towards one of my favorate flats thats been producing lately. Found the mullet and we began working the schools with topwaters. No more than five min in and nick gets a huge explosion on his topwater but it didnt stick unfortunatly. I finally get a nice hit but didnt stick so i slowed the bait down and sure enough here comes a huge wake behind the bait and then gets nailed, fish on! Takes me on a nice little ride before landing it and it ends up being a slob redfish measuring right at 29'', probably would have went 30'' if its tail wasnt so chewed up. Got some pics with the GoPro and sent her on her way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2471_zps29222cff.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	86850

Name:	GOPR2505_zps069dd665.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	86851

We continued without any bites so we moved to the west side to escape the wind and fish some docks and grass flats. We caught about a half dozen or so small to average sized trout on MirroDeans and kept pushing north in search of some bigger fish. Crossed back to the east side when the wind died around 10 or 11. Headed to a mosquito impoundment outflow that was flowing out hard. Picked up about a 22'' trout in the flow, worth of a GoPro shot.

Name:	GOPR2587_zps4dcdadf3.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	86852

After getting some hits but no success at the culvert, we turned south and began the trip back. On the way I saw a nice little mangrove cut that looked fishy so I threw the super spook jr in there and imediatly got attacked by small snook. Threw a gold DOA Cal in to pick one off to complete my slam for the day, (first slam in the new Slayer).

Name:	GOPR2627_zps5744421f.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	86853

Over all a great day especially when you get to fish with someone new and learn new techniques and tactics, Tight lines!
    Last edited by evergladeskid243; 05-23-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Nice job on the slam!

Tight work!
    Formerly-mr.redfish79

St Lucie Flats Fishing
    www.stlucieflatsfishing.com

Nice slam. I yaked the power plant today, 5/24, and only managed a 25" snook. Had a red chase my mirrodine and pop it but didn't stick. I'll have to PM you some time and fish the Ft Pierce area with ya.

Tight Lines..

Quote Originally Posted by summer daze View Post
    Nice slam. I yaked the power plant today, 5/24, and only managed a 25" snook. Had a red chase my mirrodine and pop it but didn't stick. I'll have to PM you some time and fish the Ft Pierce area with ya.
    Yeah id be down to fish sometime. Where do u launch the yak at when u fish the Powerplant??

Nice slam! How are you diggin the slayer? I really like those, definitely considering one for my next yak.

nice red on the topwater and slam! any further info on location? can it be waded? thanks, msg me (or not) would be great
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

lil jim - I love the new Slayer, worth every penny really worth a demo to see if u dig it. Its an awsome fishing machine with the padded horns to hold my rods on deck, super stability, to my personal favorate feature the high/low seating. Just picked up mine last sunday and have been out 4 out of the last 5 days on it and as u can see its been a home run. Check out my other post in the paddle craft catches section to see the slot snook i caught on the maiden voyage on monday and my further review of it.

SLW UroCane - got the red on a school of mullet less than a mile north of Norh Bridge launch, the same school of mullet has been holding there since monday and is the the most dense school i have found so far. Find the bait, find the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by evergladeskid243 View Post
    lil jim - I love the new Slayer, worth every penny really worth a demo to see if u dig it. Its an awsome fishing machine with the padded horns to hold my rods on deck, super stability, to my personal favorate feature the high/low seating. Just picked up mine last sunday and have been out 4 out of the last 5 days on it and as u can see its been a home run. Check out my other post in the paddle craft catches section to see the slot snook i caught on the maiden voyage on monday and my further review of it.

SLW UroCane - got the red on a school of mullet less than a mile north of Norh Bridge launch, the same school of mullet has been holding there since monday and is the the most dense school i have found so far. Find the bait, find the fish.
    Thanks!
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

That's a GREAT Day..!
    Congratulations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast