Maiden Voyage! Slayer 14.5 Slot Snook!

Florida Sportsman

Maiden Voyage! Slayer 14.5 Slot Snook!

So its finaly summer and im back home in my brackish waters of the Indian River Lagoon, Fort Pierce. This is the start of of hopfully many reports to come throughout the summer fishing on my new Native Slayer 14.5. Yep i finally decided to give the old Manta Ray 14 a rest and try something new so after much research and demoing, I located ( had to drive to Orlando to pick it up, closest place to me that had them in stock ) and purchased a Slayer 14.5. Picked the boat up yesterday and took it out this morning and hit up some of my favorate flats in Fort Fierce. Got on the water around 6:30 and paddled out to some mullet schools that were getting busted on by snook. Hooked and lost a fish on a super spook jr. then got one to stick. Landed the barely slot snook got some quick pick with it and the new yak, I was super pumped, good way to break the Slayer in!

Super stable boat, super easy to, especially coming from the Manta Ray. Spend about half the day standing and sight casting between dodging rain storms. The High/Low seating is great, very effective in spotting fish. Super clean and simple layout keeps 10lb braid clear of snags. Still have alot to add to the yak like 8' park n pole, anchor trolley, and soft cooler bag for the front. At the end of the day after a nice 6 1/2 mile paddle, I ended with a slot snook, 6 small to average size trout, a jack and one big bluefish that i caught on an DOA airhead. All in all, a solid first trip on the new Slayer and hopefully the first of many.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2441_zps64687ba5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	86317

Name:	GOPR2439_zpsd20bff4f.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	86321

Name:	IMAG0765.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	86309

Senior Member shallow water assassin's Avatar
    Sweet boat man and nice snook.

Congrats! That's a good looking boat...and Snook.
    ~Hobie Fishing Team ~ YakAttack Pro Staff ~ RAM Pro Staff ~ Columbia Pro Team~
    ~TEAM SouthRiverOutfitters~