Florida Sportsman

Thread: Biscayne Bone!!

Biscayne Bone!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	85217
    Decided to take a break from the back country out of islamorada and fish Biscayne with a buddy of mine. We left islamorada at 6 and drove up to card sound to get the skiff wet. We cruised the 25 miles or so out to the flats of Biscayne and I finally connected to the infamous grey ghosts. All it took was a trip out of Florida bay and the flats that I have come to love since moving to the keys over a year ago. We were throwing fly most of the day but this guy took a live shrimp. The fight was awesome 150 yards of line taken in 10 seconds. It was an epic day out on the water. As far a fl bay. Redfish have been chewing as well as the snookers. Been throwing artis for everything and gotten some monster trout as well. The flats have been producing awesome sight fishing shots when the conditions are right. Hope everyone is catching and be safe out there. Tight lines Click image for larger version. 

Views:	250 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	85219Click image for larger version. 

Views:	248 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	85220

Sorry about the upside down pics

Awesome Bonefish! Heading down to keys from MIA what are you using for the reds n snooks? No Reds in N Biscayne bay originally from New Orleans so a blackend redfish sounds yummy!!

Awesome Bonefish! Heading down to keys from MIA what are you using for the reds n snooks? No Reds in N Biscayne bay originally from New Orleans so a blackend redfish sounds yummy!!

Very nice pics, those from a Gopro? The upside down pics put a hurting on my neck, but it's all good as long as you post them, nice fish

Been taking the reds and snook on soft plastics and top waters. Some on fly too. Pics were taken with an iPhone. The bone was shot with a serious Nikon couldnt tell you the model. Going out tomorrow debating on fishing up in fl bay or hitting some flats down south in sugarloaf. Will post

Good stuff, thanks for the report

Great fish, and great report