I thought Georgia Boys were supposed to be Tough!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Under The ____________Power Lines!!!!! Forum Rank: A++ (99/100)

I thought Georgia Boys were supposed to be Tough!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14...ntcmp=trending

Georgia teen upset after being called 'freak' in school yearbook

Published May 14, 2013

FoxNews.com

A teen is upset after he found an insult printed under his yearbook picture.

Dylan Worthen, a student at South Paulding High School, which is west of Atlanta, said he was identified in a photo caption under his band picture as a “freak,” MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

"When I noticed it I was like, ‘Wow, who would do that,'" Dylan Worthen told the station.

Dylan's other two yearbook appearances were listed under his name in the index, but the one in question was not, which leads his mother to believe it was an intentionally cruel prank that she calls "bullying."

"He's my son that I think the world of, and he is no way any kind of freak. He has the biggest heart of any 16-year-old child I know," said Dylan's mother, Susan Powell.

The yearbook has a faculty advisor whose job is to proof the pages. School officials said they don't know who is responsible for the word, or how it happened.

In a statement, the school district apologized to the family. They said that the matter is under investigation and they are working with the yearbook provider to remedy the situation.

"My son has to go to school and face all these kids that has saw this in the yearbook and I don't know what that's going to be like for him," said Susan Powell.
    Hey Mo! Smite This!!!

Banned
    Kids feelings can be hurt easily.

I would be upset if it was my kid too.

Not right and I would be p'd too. But fyi, calling any suburb of Atlanta "Georgia"is like calling Miami "Florida".
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

and this is why school shootings occur... or school killings

Professional Wedding Videographer https://www.facebook.com/AndrewPlanetaCinematography

$$$$$
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Quote Originally Posted by fishbit View Post
    Not right and I would be p'd too. But fyi, calling any suburb of Atlanta "Georgia"is like calling Miami "Florida".
    You nailed it, Bit.
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

He'll get over it.....
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Under The ____________Power Lines!!!!! Forum Rank: A++ (99/100)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrbgtt View Post
    "16-year-old Dylan Worthen says his freshman year changed when he was labeled as a "freak" in his yearbook as a cruel prank"

16 year old Freshman???????
    Is that abnormal?
    Hey Mo! Smite This!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast