SW Inshore Wading Tuesday Night - Snook

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar

SW Inshore Wading Tuesday Night - Snook

Three members hit the flats last night in search of some picture worthy snook. The evening overall started off slow, very slow. Three of us were throwing soft plastics in dark colors, black and gold - as this is our confidence bait in this area. A few flounder here and there, some short trout, and Matt finally hooks up on a drag screamer. Nice little fight, and this healthy snook comes to grips. Overall slow night... Matt also banged out a very nice trout, however I was too far to get a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (29).jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	84052

PS.... What up with them fellas that came within 15 feet of us asking "you dragging spoons?" Literally 15 feet!!! geesh

Great lookin fish man !

I'm always amazed by people in boats thinking it's okay to come up on you with their engine pointed up churning the water making a racket to ask questions...
    Or screaming by on plane when you're out wading/yakking.

actually.... they were wading as well!!!!! What kills me most..... Its not like we are right out in front of the "entry'.... I am a solid .5 mile away from it.. and these two dudes... B-line straight toward us! I am not kidding you... They came so close, an UNDERHAND cast would have hit them!!!! "What you guys dragging spoons"!?!?!? What the hey!!!

I have had way more experiences where waders have come up on me than when I am wading any boats rolling up too close. However 15 feet???? WTH! Beautiful snook man... I am sure i was a great fight.

Its nuts... I had similiar situation.. posted it.. .and a few guys said "you dont own the water".... Right... .I don't... So next time I go to the park and your kid is on the swing set.... I am going to put my kid (I dont have kids lol) on top of your kids shoulders.. As you "dont own the park"... Or next time I go to that same park and you are grilling on the only grill there... I am going to slap my chicken and steak on the grill - as "you dont own the park"... same thing in my eyes... Wait your turn, and most important, personal space!

Agreed... IMO, unless we're on a packed pier where we don't have a choice... if our lines can cross we're too close together.

kmagnuss... you are generous and forgiving lol..... If I can snag your line with a Top Dog thrown with the wind at my back in a 25mph wind..... You are too close in my eyes! Well... maybe not that much lol.... seriously though.... I agree.... If we are both casting at the same "area" and we can even possibly cross... way way to close.... Like I said on a different thread.... I drove 40 minutes South to wade a "spot" i had in my head.... Walked 1.0 mile to get to it.. entered water... boat parked on the spot I had planned to fish... .Cursed a bit to myself.... to myself.... entered the water quiter than a blue heron wading a flat... and went in the TOTAL OPPOSITE direction... Got completely skunked... fished for an hour... and called it a loss.... They were there first... and that is that.

Buddy I am normally the first to jump on people for acting like they own a flat or the water. Trust me... especially if I am parked on an inshore spot. But at least you have the common decency to curse to yourself and head away. I know it sucks when someone is on your "spot" but you have to think to yourself that you are not there is a reason they are there. And most of it is because they see the same thing you do in the spot. I have had waders eye ball me when I am on a boat or not on a boat and a few cast right at me. I have said before that it is really hard to find a spot that is in wading distance that you can have all to yourself for very long. You look to be doing alright man so keep kicking azz and remember snook season is right around the corner(even tho that is clearly too big).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast