Battle vs spinfisher v - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My only complaint is the wind knots on my Battle 4000, Mines been underwater, through the sand etc and still works fine. But I'm not convinced that it is the reel to blame for my wind knots. Its not a matter of over spooling for me, nor is it due to not closing the bail manually. Its simply a matter of loose line getting on the reel while using lightweight baits that require twitching. My opinion is this would occur on any reel because when you twitch, it creates slack which you then reel up. I can't say whether or not some reels prevent this loose line from coming off all at once though.

Quote Originally Posted by bob8619 View Post
    My only complaint is the wind knots on my Battle 4000, Mines been underwater, through the sand etc and still works fine. But I'm not convinced that it is the reel to blame for my wind knots. Its not a matter of over spooling for me, nor is it due to not closing the bail manually. Its simply a matter of loose line getting on the reel while using lightweight baits that require twitching. My opinion is this would occur on any reel because when you twitch, it creates slack which you then reel up. I can't say whether or not some reels prevent this loose line from coming off all at once though.
    Ok just got the SSV 3500 OMG so much lighter! This reel is going to get used this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
    Ok just got the SSV 3500 OMG so much lighter! This reel is going to get used this weekend.
    Ok just tried my new 3500 with a 7'6 redbone off my dock this weekend for and hour and all I can say I'm impress! Will
    Keep you guys posted on it.

if your not satisfied, get a daiwa lexa its cheaper and lighter.

I have both a 4000 battle and 3, 3500 spinfisher v's. The battle is a great reel if you are going to be casting all day because it's light weight, and for $100 you really can't beat it. But the spinfisher v's are absolutely amazing. It may be a little heavy but it has a smooth cast and return. Not only that but it has the smoothest drag that I have ever experienced! I have used the 3500's and they never fail me. I once caught a 42 inch cobia on a 3500 with 15lb braid without even having to follow the fish. I also own, a 5500 and 7500 for offshore and they do well with whatever type of fishing!

Good to know that i'm not the only one that think's this is a great reel. I will be getting another 3500 paired with a star rod 7'6 seagis MH for inshore and maybe a 6500-7500 for off shore.

Good to know that i'm not the only one that think's this is a great reel. I will be getting another 3500 paired with a star rod 7'6 seagis MH for inshore and maybe a 6500-7500 for off shore.
    Update on the 3500 V been doing very well dunked it a few times and been catching 3-4 foot baby bullsharks and still keeps going. I'm very impress with this reel. The old lady has the battle now.

Why not the conquer? I like the little battle I have but need a bigger one too. The V is pretty heavy for deep jigging.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    Why not the conquer? I like the little battle I have but need a bigger one too. The V is pretty heavy for deep jigging.
    I tried getting one was on clearance at dick's , but can't find any.

I tried getting one was on clearance at dick's , but can't find any.
    Another update on the spinfisher v just got a star rod seagis and all i can say is OMG. This going to catch alot of fish. Very light with this reel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast