Pine island Topwater Bite

Florida Sportsman

Pine island Topwater Bite

Launched out of pineland marina this morning and was in the rain right away. We started to get into trout just out of the marina using topwaters. The fish were nailing the unfair lures dawgwalker 110 in the pearl olive w/red head. Those bites were some of the most violent trout bites I have ever seen. I caught quite a few trout, and I even caught a 20" and a 22" trout right after each other. We moved towards the trees and started getting hits right away. We had a few nice reds explode on topwaters but couldn't connect with any. Finally I had one boil on it right in front of my kayak and then it boiled again and inhaled the bait three feet in front of my kayak. The fish started going crazy and spun me around a few times before I could boat him. It turned out to be a nice 27" redfish. It actually inhaled the entire dawgwalker lure. Definitely a fun catch, and made it worth dealing with the pouring rain all day.

Coby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

That's a nice redfish man, especially on topwater.

Definitely earned that redfish, look at the rain falling in that first red picture. Tight work and congrats!
    John

Isn't it funny how the words "silent", and "listen", have the same letters in them?

That's how you get it done. I bet that was fun on topwater.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishing - Help the kayakfishing community grow!

Nicely done! Is that an unfair lure?
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

Thanks guys! Zimmernole, yes it is. The fish were going crazy for the lure! I had a few nice explosions but most of the fish seemed to just boil on it lately, rather than exploding on it (since the water hasn't completely warmed up yet). I found it very interesting how he inhaled the entire lure head first. The best part of the day was I completely outfished my friend who was using Zara spooks.