Bonito Bonanza (Pompano 4/21)

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bonito Bonanza (Pompano 4/21)

Another Pompano thread... There was an all day feeding frenzy over the third reef stretching as far as the eye could see. Mostly bonito or little tunnys with some boo runnas and macks mixed in. I had a gog down deep that got crushed and got cut off after a screaming run. The fish were keyed in on these little 1" baits (not sure what kind exactly) and paid no attention to my pilchards. Tried a couple top water baits with no bites til I tied on a Shimano Waxwing. I was hooking up every other cast with the waxwing. I kept looking for a BFT mixed in there somewhere but no takers. Still, it was fun to keep a tight line. Ended up with a small spanish and around a dozen of these guys. Tight lines. Googan out.

Nice. Looks like fun.

Nice video. Bonitos do give a great fight.

Yea man good video. Bonnies are the sunny's of the ocean. Not worth much but lb for lb they fight like hell.

I feel ur pain, my last 2 trips all I caught were Bonnie's, but they do give a good fight. When I'm board ill put a Bonnie on a live line, give em a lil jab w the knife and its toothy sleigh ride time..

heh, imagine that, all this time i've had a waxwing and never caught anything on it and here you catch a bonnie on every cast. Looks like an action packed trip, even if its just bonnies. Good for you bro.
    Hobie Revo-11 a.k.a. Tub2.0

Cool to see a busting school in front of you, better than fishing blind

It was nice finding you out in the water yesterday, I could've used a close up on the video tho .
    Till next time. Tight lines.
    Nil magnum nisi bonum

wait a few more weeks until you see the same explosions all around your kayak except they are all blackfin tuna!!! Its pretty awesome. Btw nice meeting you out there, I ended up with 2 rat 10# kings and a bizzillion bonnies. crappy weather and conditions but oo well
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends

Nice meeting you guys too drichard and mag. I've never caught a BFT as this will be my first summer down here with a yak and I'm looking forward to it. I'm getting "arm pump" just thinkin about it. See you on the water. Tight lines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast