Bergman Yachts Boats

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Bergman Yachts Boats

Speaking of my new ride, here she is. I have been meaning to post this question for a while, but does anyone know anything about this boat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bergman.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	3679

It is a 2003 Bergman Yachts Flats Boat with 200 Yamaha Saltwater. I absolutely love this boat. I know that if you slapped a Hewes or Pathfinder on it, you'd pay $20k

Here is what I know. BY made flats boats for about 2 years (2002-2003). They made 3 models during each of those years, the Guide, the Sport, and the Pro, all 19.6ft. I am not even sure which model mine is.

That's it. Short of a youtube video of a guy selling one, I can't find any other info on the manufacturer of the boat. Does anyone know anything about Bergman Yachts Flats boats?
    Last edited by Sopchoppy Adam; 02-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Islamorada Spring/Summer - Lauderdale Fall/Winter
    It's a good looking boat but I can't help but me amused by a flats boat being made by a "Yacht" company.

It works for Yellowfin, all in the marketing

Didn't Intrepid make a Flats Boats for some time????

Jerry at Just Right Marine told me that it was a Yacht company that made high-end flats boats to be towed behind their big ones. I haven't been able to substaniate this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sopchoppy Adam View Post
    Jerry at Just Right Marine told me that it was a Yacht company that made high-end flats boats to be towed behind their big ones. I haven't been able to substaniate this though.
    hahahahahaha
    It's an honor just to pretend its an honor to be nominated...

Does anyone know anything about Bergman Yachts Flats boats?
    They are apparently better than Hewes or Pathfinders and were made by a company that apparently is no longer in the boat business. ;)

It appears they were a boat manufacturer in Clearwater back in 01, 02, 03. It looks like they are out of business.

It's a sharp looking boat with great lines. You say you really like it so I'd be content if I were you.
    "What a sad commentary on our society that people can't listen or read and process the information simply as it is presented. Instead, too many hear or read based on what they want/don't want to accept based on their own biases."

Micheal Knight

My boat was made for one year on Pine island in 1994-95. Many boat builders run them selves out of business.

Back in 01---03 there were a lot of start up boat mfg's poping up all over Florida. All you needed was a mold (easy to find) and some knowledge of boat building. Some were very good and some were cheap knock offs of popular skiffs that were being built.
    Having one of the better boat dealers with a good reputation on skinny boats could make or brake a small boat builder. So if this boat looks and rides like the high point flats skiff and you are happy then it's a good deal for you.
    She is a fine looking ride sitting in the water. I hope you enjoy many years of great fishing.
    You might contact Bob Lions (sales manager) @ Magic Tilt trailers in Clearwater and ask him for some history. I bet he would remember the company and maybe someone you could contact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast