Anybody beach camp out at Three Rooker??

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody beach camp out at Three Rooker??

My wife and I are looking for a beach camping spot by boat for this coming weekend. Anclote is out of the question because they don't allow dogs. I saw Three Rooker on google earth. Has anybody ever camped out there? Any help would be great.

They put up signs that prohibit dogs a while back. I've spent a fair amount of time there, although I've never camped on the island.

Edit: BTW, I zoomed, took a look at the sign and it states, "No Dogs, No Alcohol, No Camping on Island" It had been a while since I was up there and couldn't recall what all it said.

There are numerous spoils that are public and to my knowledge do not have issues with dogs.

You can see it right above the pic of my pooch. I didn't care the day I went, but it was during the week when the island was empty.

The North Sandbar went thru a massive fight to continue to allow dogs, but no others for Dogs. Camping is allowed on the N end of Anclote although not sure if Ranger chris is still out there - but no dogs again
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi

There's a nice island straight out from Dunedin marina that me and some buddy's are gonna camp on this weekend. It has three decent fire pits and somebody just raked the whole island.

i think the bar N. of anclote key and the spoil islands are your best bet for camping w/ dogs. there are also some good spoil islands outside of sutherland bayou for camping

The dogs are the issue this time of year, we used to take the dog all the time but he wasn't a bird chaser - hotdogs yep

some of the birds are nesting right now so getting away with shouldn't be the issue but the N Bar is still OK

the large island just north of Sutherlan Bayou is very nice but might be a bit late and warm already - great wintertime spot and dog friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Eggsuckindog View Post
    The dogs are the issue this time of year, we used to take the dog all the time but he wasn't a bird chaser - hotdogs yep

some of the birds are nesting right now so getting away with shouldn't be the issue but the N Bar is still OK

the large island just north of Sutherlan Bayou is very nice but might be a bit late and warm already - great wintertime spot and dog friendly
    I was out there when the bird Nazi's were on the island several years ago. Good lord don't birds in Florida have enough of the state to roost and do their thing?

It's gotten to the point where you can't hardly take your dog anywhere that's maritime / island related. I don't recall birds being termed, "Man's best friend" ?? Most of them are large rats with wings as far as I'm concerned.

My neighbor feeds the damn birds all the time and they poop all over my boat and I'm constantly having to clean their droppings off of my vessel. It's annoying as f%&k and the assh&$le keeps doing it!

Thanks a lot guys. FWIW dogs are not allowed on north Anclote. The park manager told me that a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. FWIW dogs are not allowed on north Anclote. The park manager told me that a few days ago.
    He's correct - not on the island,any of them - the North Sandbar is north of Anclote and is dog friendly but the only one

this is the third time I've said it so I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by Eggsuckindog View Post
    He's correct - not on the island,any of them - the North Sandbar is north of Anclote and is dog friendly but the only one

this is the third time I've said it so I'm done
    Yes but camping is not allowed on the north bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast