Hewes 20' Light Tackle

Florida Sportsman

Hewes 20' Light Tackle

I am looking at a Hewes LT 20' with a 200 HP VMax, it is a good shape but will need some work.

Has anyone had any experience with the 20' LT model? Opinions?

Or should I just stick to a Redfisher 18
    The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Getting tired of their old century

I just got one actually(the LT). Its 19'4-1998. When I bought it a couple weeks ago I had to drop some unexpected money in it. I had picked it up for $6k, but what I didnt realize is how freakin' expensive boats are to fix! I had to replace the sport tilt hydraulic steering which retail runs $1500. Then I had to fix wiring, buy batteries, etc. Right now im about $8k deep in it and it still needs a couple small things(my stupid live wells still wont come on). The motor that came with it is a Yamaha Vmax 175, and she runs like she just came out of the box. All in all though I love it. It sounds crazy but I didnt really buy it to fish flats though(im redfished out right now), I bought it because I love the layout and the design. Theres lots and lots of storage and deck space to fish. You can fish 3 guys really really comfortably, or 4 guys pretty comfortable. My girlfriend can lay out, the kid can play or fish, and most certainly ill be fishing! Anyways man, I guess what all this jibberish means is I love the boat. You wont be sorry man! I think I can speak for all Hewes owners on that one.... Take it easy man!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxAngler View Post
    I am looking at a Hewes LT 20' with a 200 HP VMax, it is a good shape but will need some work.

Has anyone had any experience with the 20' LT model? Opinions?

Or should I just stick to a Redfisher 18
    Much bigger boat than the 18 even though it may not seem like it. If you fish skinny creeks or shallow water it might be too much boat.

Quote Originally Posted by brad safreed View Post
    Much bigger boat than the 18 even though it may not seem like it. If you fish skinny creeks or shallow water it might be too much boat.
    yea it will get shallow, but not real shallow...it will scoot over some shallow water but im always too afraid to run over stuff that shallow anyways lol....after spending $8k Im afraid to screw it up...8 to me is like 50 to some of these guys on here....but the way I see it is I have something I want and something that will last...the best thing is how wide it is...I do like that, because of the walking room...

Yall know Im pretty hung up on my 18.... but I spend a lot of time on a 21, and shes an even bigger dream. Surprisingly skinny, bruttaly fast, beat Nates notorious LakenBay. You cant go wrong with a Hewes..... only ride sweeter is a Mav or one of those $uper bird$.
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!