Trokar Circle Hooks
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Trokar Circle Hooks

We have 3 different versions of circle hooks in the Trokar line up. Two of them are a medium wire. One of these is offset the TK 3,and the sizes are 1/0 -9/0. The other two circle hooks are non offset and tournament legal. The TK 4 is a medium wire non offset sizes are 1/0-9/0 and the last hook is the TK 5 which is a light wire hook for billfish much like our L2004EL this hook is available in sizes 7/0-9/0.

Here is the medium wire TK 4

Here is the light wire all purpose (AP) TK 5

Are the Trokar hooks worth the extra cost vs others? I use the Gamakatsu 8/0 inline Octopus circle hooks that cost .615 each and the 8/0 circle Trokar hook is $2.57 each. What makes the Trokar so much better that they are worth about $1.96 more for each one?
    NOTHING IS POLITICALLY RIGHT THAT IS MORALLY WRONG
    ___Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by estero View Post
    Are the Trokar hooks worth the extra cost vs others? I use the Gamakatsu 8/0 inline Octopus circle hooks that cost .615 each and the 8/0 circle Trokar hook is $2.57 each. What makes the Trokar so much better that they are worth about $1.96 more for each one?
    These circle hooks all have welded eyes, the sharpest point in the world, and are double plated making them more corrosion resistant. If you are in a tournament or really want to land the majority of the fish that bite, these hooks are worth the money. If you think of all the costs of fishing for a day the hooks are probably the cheapest items of everything. Yes they are not cheap but for those who want the best these are your hooks!

best hooks on the market, noting comes close

General Fishing Administrator Docked Wages's Avatar
    I picked up a variety of Trokar hooks last year at iCAST and finally got a chance to put them to the test this past weekend with some Tarpon fishing. I really liked how they hooked the live bait and really liked fishing with them. Very good product from my perspective. As with most of my hooks, I did add my own offset to them.
    Mark Wilson

i use 1/0 and 2/0 for surf fishing for pomps and whiting. they are the best hooks I've ever used. they also seem very corrosion resistant. only thing better would be smaller sizes. they also have a pretty large eye which is way easier to pass a dropper loop thru.

I used the tk 4 circles for snook this season. Didnt miss or lose one fish. very impressed with these.