Yankee Capts 3/27-30
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Yankee Capts 3/27-30

Not a whole lot to report. It was cold and windy but fishable most of the trip. The Capts and mates did there usual great job but they just couldn't make the fish bite. There was a total of 10 totes of fish for the trip. I ended up with 3 nice muttons but admittedly didn't fish all the stops. I noted a few of the regulars with decient catches of probably 6-9 muttons. The bite just seemed off, the yellow tails didn't even want to bite. Hopefully when I go back in May the bite will be better.

Been there, done that! We all "pay our dues" sometimes, other times we hit a home run. the important thing is to "stay in the game"!! This time of year you never know what mother nature will throw at you.

Thanks for posting a report. Sometimes the bites just a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Been there, done that! We all "pay our dues" sometimes, other times we hit a home run. the important thing is to "stay in the game"!! This time of year you never know what mother nature will throw at you.
    Beautifully said. All of the above.

The 27th was the worst bite, i can ever remember, I was out of Ocean Reef and could not get a fish to bite, current was dead and i moved to at least 8 spots that produce very well, even tried leaving to spots 4 miles apart and same thing , marking fish but no matter what i did we could only get a nice cobia to save the day from being skunked. the barometric pressure between fronts sometimes locks their jaws.Tight lines to all

Thanks for keeping all of us in the loop. 6-9 is an average decent number on a 2 day trip except for a few who brings the freshest prime bait and fishes away from the masses. Tough call to make fishing before a front or after one. Was there any current to help on the trip?

Thanks for reporting. I'm getting the urge and may have to book a trip soon.