99% Let Off Bow??

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

99% Let Off Bow??

http://www.conceptarchery.com/Mini29.html

These guys claim to have a 99% let off bow...... anyone have any experience to verify this? I find it kind of hard to believe......
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada

Believe it. There are several independent studies out there that verify the 99% let off. Seems like it's a well made piece of machinery. According to the studies I read, they are accurate and very forgiving with a true 8" of brace height. There is a "v" notch on the bottom cam that allows you to flip it over (one put in a press and removed) to achieve 80% let off if you desire.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five and Big Leaugers.

I had you pissed off at hello.

Wow! 99%.. Not for me as I have difficulty maintaining good form with 80%, but that's pretty awesome!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do

Not for you??
    80% is hard enough holding good form
    Wouldn't 99 be better for you?

The limb of a compound bow are much stiffer than those of a recurve bow or longbow. This limb stiffness makes the compound bow more energy-efficient than other bows, in conjunction with the pulley/cams. The compound bow has its string applied to pulleys (cams), and one or both of the pulleys have one or more cables attached to the opposite limb. When the string is drawn back, the string causes the pulleys to turn. When the draw commences, the archer has reduced mechanical advantage, but during the draw, as the pulley cams rotate, and the archer gains mechanical advantage over the bending limbs, more energy is stored, in comparison to other bows.
    The use of this levering system gives the compound bow a characteristic draw-force curve which rises to a peak weight and then "lets off" to a lower holding weight. Basically allowing someone to hold the string at full draw for much longer, than in comparision to recurve bows. This is because recurves dont "let off", meaning that the full weight (force) of the draw is in your hand. But a Compound Bow moves a lot of the weight away from the draw string (Hand), allowing for longer, more accurate and far less strenuous aiming (especially when firing multiple times in a row).
    The compound bow is little-affected by changes in temperature and humidity and it gives superior accuracy, velocity, and distance in comparison to other bows. The compound bow was first developed in 1966 by Holless Wilbur Allen in Missouri, and a US patent was granted in 1969. The compound bow has become increasingly popular. In the United States, the compound is the dominant form of bow.
    In literature of the early 20th century, before the invention of compound bows, composite bows have been described as "compound".[1] This usage is now outdated.

I had a c32 for a few years and loved it. Used it for bow fishing when I bought my Hoyt. They shoot kinda funny, almost have to push the arrow a bit on the release. I sold it to an older friend who still uses it and loves it. Great bows and company.

Quote Originally Posted by nofishtoday View Post
    Not for you??
    Wouldn't 99 be better for you?
    No. Two reasons. I tend to get a bit lazy at full draw and high let off bows typically creep with said laziness. I like a solid back wall with some limb tension to help me stay engaged. Secondly, with a higher degree of let off, I have a harder time letting down smoothly.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do

Says there's a shop here in Jupiter that sells them..... think I'm might go down and take a look.
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada

Quote Originally Posted by Mackokid View Post
    Says there's a shop here in Jupiter that sells them..... think I'm might go down and take a look.
    Give him a call first. The guy works out of his house in the farms.

Quote Originally Posted by flydown View Post
    Wow! 99%.. Not for me as I have difficulty maintaining good form with 80%, but that's pretty awesome!
    Yep - many tournament archers deliberately shoot a 60% let off. Also, faster off the back wall can increase accuracy in a small way.

That said, you could hold that 99% let off for a long time while that shot comes around. I have had to let down my 80%er on many an occasion.

I'm not a bow hunter, but if you're going to shoot a 99% let-off, then what's the point? Seems to me that you may as well just shoot a crossbow and be done with it. It's equates to pretty much the same thing now doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast