HUGE RAY WE SHOT - Page 7

Florida Sportsman

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
    Skates and Rays are pretty much the same meat. Back in NJ, lots of people kept skates and ate the wings. I tried it once, and while it was good, there wasn't much meat on it. I'd keep a ray in a heartbeat if I caught one. Those fillets would be damn good eating. As was already mentioned, fake scallops (like some Chinese restaurants sell), are just little circles cut from ray wings, breaded, and deep fried. While not the same quality as real scallops, they're delicious.
    I always thought long john silvers scallops where just plugged ray wings from Asia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2110 View Post
    You just did the same thing your defending the OP from... attacking someone for no reason. I just said it was a funny post - I didn't say anything about the guy who skillfully shot a large doormat from 5 feet away.
    Your a idiot. I dont think you need to be told. Cant heip what you show.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Your a idiot. I dont think you need to be told. Cant heip what you show.
    What¿? I must be b/c I have no idea what you just said...

What don't I need to be told? That my breath stinks? How could I show that on the internet? Isn't that something you would have to smell in person?

I'm really confused... how old are you? Are you going to call me a fart knocker next?
    '06 Action Craft Coastal Bay 2110

I spear fish on the regular - but don't understand why anyone would shoot a ray?? Just to kill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Gulf Girl View Post
    I spear fish on the regular - but don't understand why anyone would shoot a ray?? Just to kill it?
    some people eat them and some people use them for shark bait. the ray they shot would make 3 baits for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TGunn View Post
    Excuse me, but did you just cite gross error on the archer's part as the reason it got challenging in a hurry?

I hear scallopng is infinitely more difficult when you jam the snorkel in your ear instead of your mouth. Extreme scalloping charters!!

Welcome to the FS forum!!! this is the way it is around here get used to it because it isn't going to change......... The old FS forum was never this bad! I don't kill rays but if it's legal kill away.

None of our business until he posts it on the forum to be replied to. If he eats it that's fine but a freezer full of frozen rays that hes ready to give away for shark bait is a telling give away that they do not in fact eat it OR give it away to the homeless. he probably does not have a freezer full of rays. I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by ponderosa pirate View Post
    One man's trophy is another man's opportunity to be an a**hole by belittling the first man's accomplishment. That is the very reason I just "lurk" on this forum. Too many people sitting around and waiting for someone to post so they can attack.
    Hey, snook are ambush predators too. Why should we be any different?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast