HUGE RAY WE SHOT - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Bow Charters View Post
    WOW! Amazing the responses! I guess the only way to catch anything is with a hook and line. Is the same response delivered to the spear fisherman. And yes many people eat stingrays. That is where "false" scallops come from. You can take a cookie cutter and make circles out of the meat to make a false scallop. If you want the recipe here it is. Cut the wings off and wash real good. Get all the slime off until the ray is rubbery. Bake in the oven until the skin peels off easily. At this point they are usually ready depending on how thick the wing is. Melt butter on them and add salt and pepper. Fork it out. Excellent eating fish. For more info check out the January issue of FS. We did a story on bowfishing rays as well as how to clean them for eating. Sorry we don't fit into your hook and line crowd. Well stick to the HUNTING portion of the forum. Thanks for the welcomed responses to a new forum member!
    Welcome from me. Alotta folks dont get the Shooting thing. Its cool, Its your thing! Fake scallops are good. Most folks dont know anything other. Keep posting bro. Do what your doing.

Junior Member Florida Bow Charters's Avatar
    Much appreciated Popeye!
    FLORIDA BOWFISHING CHARTERS
    Even The TUFF Won't Survive!
    www.floridabowfishing.com

thats a nice piece of shark bait you got there. what would you recomend for a good entry level bow to bow fish with? i really only need it to stick rays with for shark bait.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by REELEMIN View Post
    yes i am thanks, all my sharks swim away..all.. but we do use sting rays for bait some times.. thanks for the recipe ill try it..
    :backpaddle

Last edited by Docked Wages; 08-09-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: unacceptable language

Islamorada Spring/Summer - Lauderdale Fall/Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Bow Charters View Post
    WOW! Amazing the responses! I guess the only way to catch anything is with a hook and line.
    It's not the "how" it's the "what". If a guy using 6# spin tackle came on here bragging about catching and keeping a sting ray, the response would be the same.

X's 2
    Last edited by Docked Wages; 08-09-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: unacceptable language

Quote Originally Posted by INTREPID377 View Post
    It's not the "how" it's the "what". If a guy using 6# spin tackle came on here bragging about catching and keeping a sting ray, the response would be the same.
    This.

I couldn't care less if you used a gillnet to catch gar and bowfin but it's the fact that I'm certain that they're tossed in the garbage afterward that bothers me. I feel the same way when I see jack crevalle brought into a spearfishing weigh-in and then thy sit in the sun and rot.

Banned
    Very cool ray at least you eat your fish,whereas the catch and release fisherman's fish usually die or are eaten by other fish shortly after being returned to the water. Nothing cooler than seeing a giant tarpon being eaten alive by a hammerhead because a fisherman had to test his machoness and put a hook in it's mouth.

Banned
    Wow bro awesome bro that's a big ray bro
    right on far out *****in' rad bro

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast