New Whites tackle in Stuart

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Whites tackle in Stuart

I was able to swing by the new freshly opened Whites tackle in Stuart located on the corner of Market Place and US1 (South of walmart, behind the racetrac gas station, and next to the AT&T store). I was greetly nicely and asked if I need help finding anything and they have a bunch of everything. They have a huge selection of DOA baits, gulp baits, logic baits, some fly fishing stuff, lots of hooks, and tons of offshore stuff. Prices were average with some things above average. I easily spent a few 20's and didn't even finish my shopping list. Haven't looked at the rods and reels yet but will be on the next visit. They open at 8:00

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

stuck my head in there the other day as they were stocking shelves. Nice layout, lots of stuff.
    No prices were up, but a good selection of any thing
    No reels when I went.
    8-6 M-F sat. 8-5
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice

It's always a pleasure to experience the one in Ft. Pierce, but I think some of that is the building is not your typical fishing store structure... Quality experience every time I have been in the Ft. Pierce location...
    Thanks,
    LastMango

I am pleased with what they have. I usually stock up on hooks and terminal tackle through online which is much cheaper then retail stores. The DOA CAL bait packs were $4.25 which is slightly higher then Walmart and a few other places which is typical. Hooks were a lil more but have those hard to find ones, tons of lures, line, reels, and rods. The fly fishing stuff was high priced. I've already heard that John B's fly and light tackle is going to hurt the most which is just across the street, Billy bones in Stuart, Fish Heads in Stuart, and the few local online tackle dealers are going to hurt some. They have a good selection of First Light snook jigs and will carry those a few lures that a certain online tackle dealer carries which will save everyone on the shipping they charge. I'm very pleased with the selection they have and sure everyone else will too! Think their plan drive out competition.

*if you plan on going there with your boat in tow, forget about it or park at the gas pumps and walk a short distance*
    Last edited by snook87; 03-04-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snook87 View Post
    *if you plan on going there with your boat in tow, forget about it or park at the gas pumps and walk a short distance*

Snook,

You aren't kidding!!!

I go to the physical therapy office right next to Whites and there is no way to maneuver a boat larger than a skiff in that parking lot.

Store looks really nice.

I'll check it out on Wednesday when I'm back for therapy.. ugh.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

The original Whites Tackle in Ft. Pierce, was a gem. I don't know how they kept inventory at that store, but whatever you needed they were able to find it; even if it meant moving furniture and a few boxes around.
    It reminded me of the now defunct Tim's Tackle Box in Orlando. They had the uncanny ability to use every square inch of their store, even the ceiling.
    It's funny, but I enjoyed more these " unorganized " stores, than the new ones.

They told me if there was something I couldn't find or didn't have they would get it or stock it. Will be back there in a hour to check out rods and reels to see how their prices compare to others. I know west marine will price match there stuff if found cheaper elsewhere.

I use the store in Ft Pierce often and found the reel prices the same as most online prices, Offshore Angler, Tackledirect, etc

I came back from there this morning and the tods and reels i use and buy are the same as everywhere else, same with the reels. They didn't have the rods I wanted to buy in stock but i was assured they will have them in by the end of the week. I came home and found the rods cheaper online even with shipping so i cant pass the better deal. Ill just go there for as-needed tackle. They did have some diving and spearfishing equipment too

Quote Originally Posted by snook87 View Post
    I am pleased with what they have. I usually stock up on hooks and terminal tackle through online which is much cheaper then retail stores. The DOA CAL bait packs were $4.25 which is slightly higher then Walmart and a few other places which is typical. Hooks were a lil more but have those hard to find ones, tons of lures, line, reels, and rods. The fly fishing stuff was high priced. I've already heard that John B's fly and light tackle is going to hurt the most which is just across the street, Billy bones in Stuart, Fish Heads in Stuart, and the few local online tackle dealers are going to hurt some. They have a good selection of First Light snook jigs and will carry those a few lures that a certain online tackle dealer carries which will save everyone on the shipping they charge. I'm very pleased with the selection they have and sure everyone else will too! Think their plan drive out competition.

The beauty of an online business is your customer base is not limited to local residents!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast