Kayak- One of those days/Gag/BFT/King 5/26/12

The bite was on today. We all caught fish, None stop action. All fish were caught on jigs. 185ft-350ft

• JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Sweet report , great pics
  • ReefMcWReefMcW Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Great day and an even better end result. Nice Report.
    Tight Lines!!!:fishing

• NVMataNVMata Posts: 157 Deckhand
    Sick job guys!!! Keep it up. If you don't mind me asking how do you rig your jigs for kings?
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    great pic knew i should have went out.
  • kc hunterkc hunter Posts: 319 Officer
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    Awesome job! Respectable catches, especially from a yak! What jigging motion were you using when you hooked that grouper? I jig a lot and enjoy very productive trips slinging only jigs. But grouper still ellude me. Thanks for sharing!
    Catch 'em up!

• drichard1986drichard1986 Posts: 498 Officer
    ^^ i use the fast speed jigging method. i caught the grouper above and another big gag on Monday
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    NVMata wrote: »
    Sick job guys!!! Keep it up. If you don't mind me asking how do you rig your jigs for kings?

Two assist hooks up top, Tie leader (60lbFC) to the ring that the hook is on. Drop down, reel as fast as you can. If you think your jigging fast, jig faster. Your technique will develop over time. It's so important to have the right rod/reel.
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    Yeah i'll agree with Flats. You have to have the right rod n reel. Speed is a huge factor when it comes to hooking up. Tuna like it as fast as poss. Many times I have seen tuna hit on the drop. Pay attention to how fast your line is peeling off your reel. If you see your line realllly coming off quick then chances are something hit it on the drop. Jigging is not something that is learned over night. It took me many fishless days before I caught on. GL
  • NVMataNVMata Posts: 157 Deckhand
    Thanks guys really apreciate the tips!! I'm extremely new to this technique of fishing. Hopefuly I can put your techniques in play and land some fish. Thanks a again!!
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    WTG Boys ! SIQ day !
  • gdholbrookgdholbrook Posts: 480 Officer
  • GarboGarbo Posts: 1,256 Officer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file