Organizing my tackle trays

Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,106 Admiral
I've been spending the last few nights pulling trays and dumping them on the patio table for my happy hours after work this week. Couldn't believe the crap I found and didn't know I had. I cleaned, sharpened and replaced hooks and disgaurded the BS lures. I think it was the most difficult of all the trays I've done. Only have a few more including bottom fishing gear. Hooks leader, lead, soft baits, terminal tackle, and trollers is just the fraction of it it all, but I'm getting it done. :cool:

This is a pic of what I ended up in my hard bait trout/ redfish tray.

Replies

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,927 Captain
    Woah thats a lot of luers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,321 Captain
    Nice work.....I just reorganized my bottom fishing stuff. I think I finally have a system I like!

The problem I have is staying simple......I have a bad case of "I might need that"

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2
    DSCF0529-1-1-1.jpgHDS55mVHFindash-1-1.jpgDSCF0219-1.jpg
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,106 Admiral
    Trust me I have much more to work on. I'm just touching the tip of the ice burg. LOL
  • DingoDingo Posts: 45 Deckhand
    Too cool! I'm not alone in my madness. LOL we should fish together there would be nothing swimming.
    The Duke

Gause Built 26
    Even my moth ball tree needs thinning. :-)
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Even my moth ball tree needs thinning. :-)

Hey! I see some good stuff on the moth ball tree. I will be glad to come by and thin the herd for you! ha!

Woah thats a lot of luers!

There's some doubles and trips in there in case you find one they're liking and go to lose one. Hate when that happens. I'm also a believer in restored proven old baits! The more scratched off it is the better. Good split rings, and proper hook / size replacement is a must. I'm liking most owner hooks.

Yes... I might need that...

Later~
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,353 Admiral
    lures.jpg

grouper hard bait boxes
  • BobberBobber Posts: 873 Officer
    So how often do ya find yourself staring at your aerial shots and chart, reliving the magic of just being on those near-sacred waters?
    lures.jpg

grouper hard bait boxes

That gold color must be killer!

• reel cowboyreel cowboy Posts: 565 Officer
    Glad to know somebody has it worse than me.
    Bobber wrote: »
    So how often do ya find yourself staring at your aerial shots and chart, reliving the magic of just being on those near-sacred waters?
    More often than not! It runs through my veins.
    Beck wrote: »
    That gold color must be killer!

Nothing produces better than the gold color for grouper. Every once in a while I will put on a redhead/white body or a hot pink, but only if the bite is really slow. I have about 30 more gold ones in my garage. I limit out 9 times out of ten these days on grouper. Troll till we find them, then drop down some 10 inch Hogy's or live bait on the deep drop. Trolling just puts fillets in the ice box, but i prefer to deep drop, it's just more sporting for me.
    Nice collection there Nuke! I need more on that end.
    Nothing produces better than the gold color for grouper. Every once in a while I will put on a redhead/white body or a hot pink, but only if the bite is really slow. I have about 30 more gold ones in my garage. I limit out 9 times out of ten these days on grouper. Troll till we find them, then drop down some 10 inch Hogy's or live bait on the deep drop. Trolling just puts fillets in the ice box, but i prefer to deep drop, it's just more sporting for me.

Ok, so I know less than nothing about trolling for grouper. What depths are you fishing, and how do you get the diving plugs deep enough. Downrigger? Planer board?

Beck wrote: »
    Ok, so I know less than nothing about trolling for grouper. What depths are you fishing, and how do you get the diving plugs deep enough. Downrigger? Planer board?

We troll Bomber cd-30's in any where from 60 feet ot 75 feet. Use nothing larger than 50 pound braid. 5 feet of 80 pound mono for the leader with a costal swivel for the lure connection. Troll at 4-6 knots WITH the current. I can bounce the bottom with those lures in 70 feet of water if I let out 300 feet of line. If your not hitting the bottom every once in a while you will not catch many fish.
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,351 Officer
    I thought i had a fishing addiction problem but **** !
    acarb wrote: »
    I thought i had a fishing addiction problem but **** !

that photo is only about 1/8 of the lures i have. Bass pro is wayyyyyy too freaking close to me!
    We troll Bomber cd-30's in any where from 60 feet ot 75 feet. Use nothing larger than 50 pound braid. 5 feet of 80 pound mono for the leader with a costal swivel for the lure connection. Troll at 4-6 knots WITH the current. I can bounce the bottom with those lures in 70 feet of water if I let out 300 feet of line. If your not hitting the bottom every once in a while you will not catch many fish.

Sweet.....seems simple enough. I am going to give it a try over the live bottom.

That will be a good way to find some new fishing spots. I won't feel like I am wasting time riding looking at the bottom machine if I have a rod in the water.

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,927 Captain
    WOAH thats amazing! when im 18 and get my own house thats what my garage will look like :D or maybe a fishing room:willynilly
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Trust me I have much more to work on. I'm just touching the tip of the ice burg. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You have a good attitude! :thumbsup

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file