1982 Pro Line 24' Flatback

Replies

• blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Yes sir, the bottom was also sealed
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • APEAPE Posts: 972 Officer
    I emailed you about 19 pics that I have taken over the past few weeks. They have the boat on a cradle now and they are sanding and prepping the outside of the hull to get it ready for new gel-coat. The top cap was getting wet sanded earlier this week and it was looking pretty nice. I picked my boat up today so I will no longer be stopping by every few days to check on your boat and hopefully I will be fishing soon.
    APE i will owe you a dinner when I finally get to meet you. The pictures you have sent have helped me keep my sanity as patience in this process is a very hard thing to have. Can't thank you enough. How did your boat turn out with the repairs? Well here are some of the pictures you sent for others to take a look at and see where we are as of last week.
    017.jpg
    from the stern looking forward
    010.jpg
    amidship looking aft
    014.jpg
    amidship looking ahead
    029-1.jpg
    stern boxes, one side is the rigging box which will have all the lines, and pumps etc etc, the other will be a cooler. In the bow the port side will be dry storage, and the starboard will be the insulated fish box that drains directly overboard. The two hatches on that side have a removable divider that can be put in and taken out to make it one big fish box if needed. The top cap will rest on the supports you see running down the side, and will also have under gunnel rod storage on each side. And the last photo shows the interior color. This should help it stay cool and clean.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    I love your boat! Keep it up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Tripleclean. Appreciated
    I don't have pics downloaded yet, but will get them up when I can. She has now had her deck and compartments installed. Floor is splattered. She is currently rolled over getting her outside sanded down, all the old bottom paint removed and ready for new gel coat. I ordered a 10' powerpole for her, should be in about 2 more weeks. The tower has been removed from the console. Canvas from the tower and a little welding is getting done on that. New canvas and cushions on the tower and console. The console is also getting all the holes filled, some strength added and then will be fit for my electronics soon. I am still expecting a mid may launch date if all goes as it should.
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,322 Moderator
    looking good so far, keep us updated.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
    Well the past month has been spent working on the outside of the hull. All the bottom paint was stripped, the entire hill sanded then a new gel coat. Paint would of been cheaper, but I am very happy with the result.
    Before
    005-1.jpg
    And Now
    boathull5.jpg
    boathull2.jpg
    boathull4.jpg
    boathull3.jpg
    boathull6.jpg
    Rigging will be starting soon, and I will again be back alot to get pictures as we finish this up.
  • Capt SteveBetzCapt SteveBetz Posts: 67 Deckhand
    Looking good Charlie! They really have the Gel work slicked out.
    Capt. Steve Betz
    Tampa Flats and Bay Charters
    www.flatsandbay.com
    813-727-8843
    Thanks again Capt, I debated on awl grip, or having the new gel coat done, and ended up going this route to "complete" the build. It was one of the higher items that was done cost wise, but I think it was worth it.

Also yesterday one of the boats that the Coarsey brothers built was in for to have a few dings fixed up and some motor work done. I thought I would get a few pictures of her. I think they make a beautiful boat. This is their own line and was modeled after the pro line flatbacks.
    OldPro24001.jpg
    OldPro2400.jpg
    OldPro3.jpg
    They also do alot of repair work on all other boat types and makes. Anyone needs their info please let me know. They are craftsman and proud of what they do
    Went by today and dropped off my powerpole. Wanted to take a look and see what she was looking like now that she is rolled back over. Heres what we got.
    ProLine5-6-12001.jpg
    ProLine5-6-12002.jpg
    ProLine5-6-12003.jpg
    ProLine5-6-12004.jpg
    ProLine5-6-12005.jpg
    It starting to look like a boat. I don't think they are going to make this Fridays 60 day deadline, but such is life. The console is being sprayed today and the tower is ready to go back in. He still has to make the leaning post/livewell and all the fabrication is complete. I will post pictures again later this week or next week.
  • PattonC222PattonC222 Posts: 286 Officer
    Your boat is coming along, should be real nice with all of the accessories you picked up.

Any more info on the Corsey brothers 2400? Pricing and construction? Looks pretty nice and there is a niche for them.
    There boat is sharp. Had I known about it before I bought my hull I would of probably gone that route instead. But as I was allready attatched to mine, I continued on my path. The Coarsey brothers have rebuilt several hundred of the old pro lines (since my boat has been there, I have seen several original flatbacks come in for various repairs). They said they took notes on all the quirks and tweaked them and made a boat that still has the shape and lines of the flatbacks, but without the issues. They also are not a production company in the way that they make each boat custom to the buyers wants. I am not sure on pricing, I am hoping that APE will chime in. And as far as construction, again I am not the most knowledgable builder, but everything is done the correct way the first time. I have nothing but respect for those guys and the amount of work that I am getting for my money on my old boat is awesome. If you would like a number to reach them I am glad to provide it. Or glad to meet you up there and introduce you sometime.
  • APEAPE Posts: 972 Officer
    To follow up with Patton222 question about pricing of a brand new boat without a motor/rigging it will run in the high 29K area and then with a few add ons like special console, leaning post, swim platform, extra coolers, trim tabs, live well, fresh water tank, raw water wash down, trolling motor, and other stuff it could push it to 38k if it is all custom. It doesn't include a motor or trailer but they have dealer prices on Yamaha and Owens & Sons Trailers build custom trailer for the 2400 Proline.

These are just ball park ruff estimates, all of the work is custom so every item has a $$ amount for each piece.

As far as the construction goes it is all marine grade decking and stringers that is built to last a lifetime of use and the attention to detail is better than high volume production boat companies.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,499 Captain
    Very nice, very nice indeed. :)
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    So I changed my mind on my trailer builder and think I am going to have Owens and Sons slideon trailers build me a custom trailer for her. I am going with an airboat trailer so the boat will fit between the fenders and loose height doing so. This will put me with a wider trailer, probably around 106" or so, but this is exactly how my other boat trailer is and its not an issue. I have asked for aluminum trailer, tandem torsion axles, all stainless hardware, all led lights, stainless brake componets, led pipelights on guide poles, as well as some type guide boards to keep the boat away from the fenders when loading or unloading. And some type of steps up the front for safe easy boarding. Got to get some measurements as soon as I can to make sure they get the fenders set right, but other than that should be good to go. Anyone have good or other comments on their trailers? Love to hear your thoughts
  • PattonC222PattonC222 Posts: 286 Officer
    I was just over there getting new tires put on my trailer, I can't say enough good things about those guys. You will be very happy with the trailer that I can tell you now, they go above and beyond and the way they set their bunks up is the best you will see anywhere.
    I was up today and got a few more pictures. All the hardware is on the gunnels now, pop up cleats, rod holders. The hatches are almost completed. The anchor locker storage hatch is being completed. I am hopefull that on next weeks vist the console and tower will finally be on the boat and we can start seeing some big changes.
    018-1.jpg
    021-1.jpg
    023-1.jpg
    Heading to St Pete tomorrow to meet with Jeff at Owens and sons trailers to get the trailer build started. Ready to get this boat to work and start paying some of her bills off. But I am learning patience thru this process if nothing else.
    Ordered my trailer today with Jeff at Owens and Sons. Those are great people, you can tell it as soon as you walk in the door. I went with an airboat style trailer which will sit lower and the boat will fit between the fenders. Tandem drop torsion axles, stainless brakes all around, led lights both pipelights up top and also lights on the bottom. Spare tire and hub, and boarding ladder. Looking forward to seeing their work. Pick it up around the end of the month.
    Ran up today to see what was new with my boat. Pretty much everything is done with the hull itself now, all the hardware is in place, scuppers cut out, hatches installed. Anchor locker installed. They are working on the console now, got it all patched up, and sprayed. This was a used console and tower that came off a 26 Andros, so due to some cracking around the helm, and exsisting holes in the face where the electronics came from I decided to have it all filled, then just start over. Heres a few pics of today.
    Boat52112012.jpg
    Boat52112001.jpg
    Boat52112004.jpg
    Boat52112005.jpg
    Boat52112003.jpg
    Boat52112007.jpg
    Boat52112006.jpg
    Boat52112009.jpg
    They also build coolers inhouse, 2 of the guys were working on these today.
    Boat52112011.jpg
    Boat52112010.jpg
    I will have to get some pictures of finished coolers next time I am up. They are high quality though and built to last. I am actually ordering 2 myself as we finish the boat up. I think in the next few trips up we should see some real and fast changes. The boat has to be finished by the 10th of June for a special non fishing charter that I have to run, so the race will soon be on. As I was leaving I snapped a few pictures of the next one that was in line to be redone. Not sure how far they are going on this boat, but she is a peice of history and I can see a beauty in her as well.
    Boat52112014.jpg
    Boat52112015.jpg
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,499 Captain
    Are those Atomic Fire Balls in that picture? Excellent work on the boat I am green with envy.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Chesapeake trollerChesapeake troller Posts: 76 Deckhand
    Hi guys,

I am new to the forum but not new to the Coursey Brothers. Robert has taken care of my boat for a number of years and does great work at a more than reasonable price. They are located in Chiefland FL and I believe as a result is able to keep his prices low since the area does not support high prices on services. He has 30+ years in the business with Wellcraft and others before starting his own company over 10 years ago.

For me he installed a new gas tank, new hatches, repaired damaged to the floor, and installed his leaning post/baitwell combination (at a price I could not beat anywhere unless I purchased a used one). If anyone wants to see pictures email me at john.ebbs@gmail.com and I will be happy to share some.

I am not sure if the forum allows this but if I post his number would that be ok? Like everyone else in the boating business I am sure he can gain some new customers and you will not sorry to become one!

Robert can be reached at 352-949-5539

CT
    surfman wrote: »
    Are those Atomic Fire Balls in that picture? Excellent work on the boat I am green with envy.

Thats a man that knows his candy. Yes the guy whos doing most of the work on my boat seems to have an addiction to those. And thanks for the boat compliment. I will soon be a proud father.
    Hi guys,

I am new to the forum but not new to the Coursey Brothers. Robert has taken care of my boat for a number of years and does great work at a more than reasonable price. They are located in Chiefland FL and I believe as a result is able to keep his prices low since the area does not support high prices on services. He has 30+ years in the business with Wellcraft and others before starting his own company over 10 years ago.

For me he installed a new gas tank, new hatches, repaired damaged to the floor, and installed his leaning post/baitwell combination (at a price I could not beat anywhere unless I purchased a used one). If anyone wants to see pictures email me at john.ebbs@gmail.com and I will be happy to share some.

I am not sure if the forum allows this but if I post his number would that be ok? Like everyone else in the boating business I am sure he can gain some new customers and you will not sorry to become one!

Robert can be reached at 352-949-5539

CT

Thanks for posting on here for Coarsey Fiberglass. They are good people who are truly craftsman and love what they do. I am very happy that I searched and found them. The quality of my build is far beyond what I imagined.
  • MoganMaxMoganMax Posts: 139 Officer
    Man this boat is a beauty! I can see the appeal:) I cant wait to see it when its all done. Hey id just like to thank you for all the help you gave me in my thread about future boats for me. It really helped me along in my research. I guess for some reason I was thinking boats were like cars and you wouldnt want to buy a 20 year old car, but i didnt realize that i used to ride around in my dads 87' boston whaler all the time and there was nothing wrong with that 20 year old boat. so that helps alot to know that i can venture into older boats and save a ton of money, because i dont think the family will be helping out too much (or at all) in this process for me. But I am actually about to invest in my first boat this summer! nothing much... just a 8 foot plastic bass boat by pelican with a minn kota trolling motor (about $750 in all) so hopefully that will work out. Now back to the other subject.... would you suggest going with the half tower or not in the 10k area? The reason i ask is because of the murky water color. Thanks again and keep those pictures coming! And thanks for serving :USA
    MoganMax wrote: »
    Man this boat is a beauty! I can see the appeal:) I cant wait to see it when its all done. Hey id just like to thank you for all the help you gave me in my thread about future boats for me. It really helped me along in my research. I guess for some reason I was thinking boats were like cars and you wouldnt want to buy a 20 year old car, but i didnt realize that i used to ride around in my dads 87' boston whaler all the time and there was nothing wrong with that 20 year old boat. so that helps alot to know that i can venture into older boats and save a ton of money, because i dont think the family will be helping out too much (or at all) in this process for me. But I am actually about to invest in my first boat this summer! nothing much... just a 8 foot plastic bass boat by pelican with a minn kota trolling motor (about $750 in all) so hopefully that will work out. Now back to the other subject.... would you suggest going with the half tower or not in the 10k area? The reason i ask is because of the murky water color. Thanks again and keep those pictures coming! And thanks for serving :USA

Glad to help you buddy, and thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get her on the water and put her to work. Theres nothing wrong with old boats at all. Just be choosy in the old boat you find and its really pretty neat to totally have a custom boat done the way you really want. In response to what one guy said on finding a boat with good service behind it. I agree in regards to the power you choose. Pretty much everything else your going to end up doing yourself. Your not going to put a boat in a shop and take it out of service for everyday repairs and fixes. I would rather have an older bigger boat with new power, than a smaller all brand new boat that wasn't exactly what I wanted. I looked at all the newest and latest boats at all the shows for the past year or so and knew just like the other guys told you that I would have a stroke if I had a brand new 80k boat and a customers who really know no better are doing things that will make you cringe. This was a happy medium for me. I will have around 40K or so in this entire project, but thats all the rebuild cost, all the electronics, tower, new canvas, powerpole, portabracket, motor, controls, and a custom trailer. So its half the cost of other beautiful boats, that by sticking to my business plan (and it helps my wife is an accountant) I know that its unrealistic at this point in my business to be sucessful with. As for the tower, I would tell you like I did. I looked at the cost of a new tower (about 9k with tower and all the controls) and said theres no way I can do that. Then I happend upon one on craigslist for a little over 1k and jumped on it. During the summer and spring when the water is flowing heavy into the glades, its not going to make you much difference. But the further south you go, and during the winter it can at times be a huge help. The other thing to consider is, your not going to fish just the 10k islands. Your in prime tarpon territory as you head north up the coast, and having a tower on the boat can be a huge asset to you. Chances are if you decide to start guiding and your in Marco Island, you will probably apply for your Everglades guide permit. Make your boat which is your tool of the trade as flexiable as possible, while still being funtional. I would not personally go with a full tower as I trailer way to much. But the half tower was a happy and very welcome compromise for my style of guiding and fishing. And enjoy that little boat. LOTS of GREAT fishing with a boat like that in the summer along the trail. Tarpon and Snook galore.
    Capt Charlie
    I hope I am not overposting the pictures on this. I am just a kid on the night before christmas in my excitement and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Was up today to take a peek. I have a charter with this boat on the 13th of June for a dear friend who lost her husband a year ago that day to a an accident on a local Ocala lake a year ago that day. I am taking the family out to lay flowers on the water and remeber and honor him so this has been a bit of a stressor I am sure for Coarsey Fiberglass as well as for myself. I talked with Mr Robert today, and it may end up leaving the shop to go to that lake on the same day, but we are going to make it. So the race is on. They got the boat on the rack now, and the rubrail on. They livewell leaning post was molded today and I have a few pics of it as well. Its a little under 40 gallons and should work well for my needs. He also builds and sales the livewells for other projects for you to put on yourself. They are well built and sharp looking. Of course this is the bottom side,
    020-2.jpg
    019-2.jpg
    016-1.jpg
    018-2.jpg
    My dusty neglected motor will soon have life.
    025-1.jpg
    Lastly I took a few finished pics of the coolers they also make and sale. Great, heavy duty coolers.
    021-2.jpg
    022-2.jpg
    023-2.jpg
  • Chesapeake trollerChesapeake troller Posts: 76 Deckhand
    Capt Charlie I was up at the shop yesterday to get measurements on my boat for another project, Ricky was hard at work on your hull but I only got this one photo of the brothers:

Olympusdownload5-12246.jpg

Just for boat **** reasons :blowkiss here is a couple shots of their own boat...Enoy!

Robertscameradownload147.jpg

Robertscameradownload127.jpg

Interior shot of the stern:

Robertscameradownload156.jpg

Interior shot of the bow:

Robertscameradownload154.jpg

I will be back up there next week with some electronics for them to install on my 23 WAC proline, I will take more pictures of your boat for all to see.

CT
    Thanks CT, greatly appreicated. I was on the water today, trying to make payments on that one. The new boat is all I think about out there now, how I am going to fish, where I can now go. Ahhh the waiting is the hard part.
  • FlyguruFlyguru Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Where did you guys find those front deck hatches? Are they made in your shop or something you guys order from a manufacturer? I would love to add them to my boat. Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file