FISHING Pompano and Whiting Migration

April 6th the migration of Pompano and Large whiting have made it to the Jacksonville area.

Live sand fleas and fresh clams are the bait of choice. Some of the biggest whiting we have seen in years...Some upwards of 2 pounds have been quite common in the catches here. I took a picture that includes the of April issue of Floridasportsman Magazine to show that this is a current photo and not one from last year because I wanted to assure people that the fish are here even though my photos are usually with a Florida sportsman or black and white plaid shirt.
I took a Saturday off and fished the Florida Times Union Redfish Roundup and had an 11 Spotter that was a prize winner as well

• Airborne15Airborne15 Posts: 256 Officer
    Great job as always Larry.
    Florida Pier Anglers Association (FPAA)
  • arunramarunram Posts: 1,628 Captain
    Thanks for the report Larry! You are my Hero!

• BadfishBadfish Posts: 1,067 Officer
    that's a stud pomp!
  • kajokajo Posts: 4,619 Moderator
    Great info. Thanks Larry
    julington creek carpet care
  • reelhookerreelhooker Posts: 644 Officer
    Awesome reporting. I love Pomp season.
  • staugpinoystaugpinoy Posts: 144 Deckhand
    great now i have to call in tomorrow! You are right, my buddy nailed an 18" and 14" pomps in Anastasia this past weekend.

I remember seeing you at the Matanzas parking lot the day I caught that 25" drum. i told my daughter, "see that guy there....he's a LEGEND surf fisherman!"
  • barrancobarranco Posts: 121 Officer
    Great work and thanks for the report. I only managed to find some whiting and blue fish this weekend out surf fishing Atlantic Beach and Amelia Island state park up by the rock pile. The pompano alluded me this time. I'll get them next time...
  • pdog1966pdog1966 Posts: 167 Officer
    Thanks for sharing info - and taking time to educate us on the radio show as well. Neither my wife nor I have caught a pompano - hopefully soon.
  • Pate55Pate55 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Thanks Larry!!
  • Kapn SkinnyKapn Skinny Posts: 1,008 Officer
  • mgammonmgammon Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Thanks for sharing ... Some awesome eating there ...
    G. Marshall Gammon (USN Ret)
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,379 Captain
    I wanted to assure people

You saying it's so, is all the assurance I need. :hail

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file