Ocean Pond / Olustee, FL

Had some fun at Ocean Pond today, didn't make it to the Gulf- so instead I played around with the new trolling motor- didn't spend much time at all fishing, so not much to comment on- it seemed the kids would rather swim around... They were paranoid of alligators and wanted to keep the life jackets on, not sure how they thought that helped them- but I didn't argue. :) I did take one photo in there of the boat successfully navigating 8"-10" of water. Man I love this trolling motor.

BTW it was very cool spot locking it and making the boat come to us when we were done swimming around. I got some awesome puzzled looks by some camping families that were swimming near by, when we all just jumped off the boat and went swimming without throwing an anchor. LOL

Sorry for cell phones pics, all I had was my EVO phone to take pics today.

IMAG0616.jpg
IMAG0615.jpg
IMAG0613.jpg
IMAG0612.jpg
IMAG0611.jpg
IMAG0610.jpg
IMAG0609.jpg
IMAG0608.jpg
IMAG0607.jpg
IMAG0606.jpg
IMAG0605.jpg
sigsmallx.jpg
Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,517 Captain
    What happens when the remote quits working when you are out swimming?
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • tekmunkitekmunki Posts: 668 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »

I swim after it and go get the boat? It's a lake. The remote doesn't have to be on to spot lock.
    sigsmallx.jpg
    A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »
    It can happen. It is wise to always keep someone in the boat if the motor is deployed. I use it for an anchor while scalloping and I had a bad feeling one time and from then on I would always keep someone onboard which is the safe thing to do under ant circumstances.
    Chip that is a great way to get used to the functions....it all becomes second nature after a while.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 765 Officer
    It Great to see all the smiles. A great day with the kids.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 198 Officer
    Nice job Dad!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike
    Custom Fishing Rods & Rod Repair.
    www.backcountrysportsmen.com
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,615 Captain
    It Great to see all the smiles. A great day with the kids.

I'm with Moon here...you certainly are doing things right. Those kids have fun written all over their faces.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • seachasseachas Posts: 66 Deckhand
    that boy of yours looks to young for them tatoos,,you need to find that artist and give him the what for
    troutman57 wrote: »
    It can happen. It is wise to always keep someone in the boat if the motor is deployed. I use it for an anchor while scalloping and I had a bad feeling one time and from then on I would always keep someone onboard which is the safe thing to do under ant circumstances.
    Chip that is a great way to get used to the functions....it all becomes second nature after a while.

I doubt I'd have the guts to try it on the flats, currents can get scary out there if some component failed. I'd prefer to anchor scalloping anyways for fear of someone swimming into the trolling motor prop.
    sigsmallx.jpg
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,179 Moderator
    Billy wrote: »
    I'm with Moon here...you certainly are doing things right. Those kids have fun written all over their faces.

Bill

X2
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,709 Captain
    Reminds me of when my kids were young! Way to go Dad, those pups are much more important than you catchin a fish> Unless it's on one of their poles!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    The kids had fun fo sho!! WTG. :thumbsup
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,807 Captain
    Last time I was at Ocean Pond I could walk almost all the way out to the middle of the lake in about waist deep water. I've been fishing a lake out your way a little bit. I like it because there is never anybody there, and the launch is so shallow that only the smallest and skinniest of boats can even launch. I have had pretty good luck fishing there. I haven't fished at Ocean Pond before, but I imagine the fishing is probably pretty good there also! Plus, it's probably good for you to wash a little of that salt water off your boat once in a while!
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Last time I was at Ocean Pond I could walk almost all the way out to the middle of the lake in about waist deep water. I've been fishing a lake out your way a little bit. I like it because there is never anybody there, and the launch is so shallow that only the smallest and skinniest of boats can even launch. I have had pretty good luck fishing there. I haven't fished at Ocean Pond before, but I imagine the fishing is probably pretty good there also! Plus, it's probably good for you to wash a little of that salt water off your boat once in a while!

There's not many lakes around here that I can launch from; I've heard Lake Jeffrey is good, but I've not been there- I go to watertown lake for testing / boat work, because it's close, but I don't know of any other lakes than those to launch from- there's always the river system.
    sigsmallx.jpg
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    Chip, that looks like a great day on the water with the kids. Awesome job. Glad to see you got that new trolling motor on the boat and are using it.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,807 Captain
    Even the river system is pretty low down this way, we need water bad :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file