First Albies of the year in Jupiter

Capt. ScottCapt. Scott Posts: 94 Deckhand
Here they come...Got these guys fired up on live glass minnows and had at em. Landed six or eight. Nice sized 12lb+ fish. Tight lines indeed....

SH106539.jpg
SH106542.jpg
http://www.flyfishingextremes.com

Replies

• mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Hey Capt Scott, how far out do you go for those beauties? Are the Spinners gone?
  • Capt. ScottCapt. Scott Posts: 94 Deckhand
    MTD,
    Those were a ripping total of about a 1/2 mile from the inlet when I found them. 30 ft of water. They had no where to run but out, out, and out.
    Don't know about the spinners, they were thinning out rapidly as of last I tried for them...think it was last Tuesday. I have to say, this spinner shark season was unimpressive....poor weather, and grumpy, uncooperative sharks. Good thing the albies are showing up to take some frustration out on. The dolphin, kings and big blackfins should be along shortly.
    http://www.flyfishingextremes.com
  • jumboshrimpjumboshrimp Posts: 820 Officer
    I bet those are fun to catch on a fly rod. good work :thumbsup
  • SixgunnerSixgunner Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Great to hear that, Captain Scott!

... another seven weeks!

Cheers,

Sixgunner
  • Luftwaffe1989Luftwaffe1989 Posts: 170 Officer
    Nice:thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My second (wife):grin... My 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (LS6).
    There are bunches of these in the area now as well, both on the beach in big schools and hanging around offshore wrecks....
    SH106545.jpg
    And the bunches of smallish dolphin that herald the arrival of the big guys has begun...have been using five weights on fish like this...a total riot :rotflmao
    SH106226.jpg
    I expect the bigger dolphin to show up very soon...:thumbsup
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,213 Officer
    Great report Scott. Sinking lines and lots of chumming. If any one wants to catch allot of fish on the fly book a trip with this captain.
    Thanks for the kind words Renegade....
    The dolphin can actually be sighted fished without chum for the most part. A hookless teaser may be used to get them close and fire them up(assuming you can find someone who'll fish with no hook on the end of their line)...but basically, it's like bonefishing in a 1000' of water....:grin
  • SixgunnerSixgunner Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Hi All,

Dont book "A" trip, book a few days in row, your learning curve will really steepen...!

Capt Scott: Thanks for the Jack picture, it won't really help have time flying by :banana... five weeks...!

Cheers,

Sixgunner
  • freshfromthesaltfreshfromthesalt Posts: 138 Officer
    Can't wait until they invade Tampa Bay again! Love the lil' tunny!!!
    2000 Maverick Master Angler 17 -Catch A Fire
    www.freshfromthesalt.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file