Dodger's Triple Play??

got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg

Replies

• RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    I think they missed that one. Foul ball as it lands behind the plate. Smart play though.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,520 AG
    If it were Jeter and the yankees, it would be a hit by pitch.

Where have I seen that happen before? Hmmmm
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Officer
    bad calls are an unfortunate part of the game.
  • Ssoto0055Ssoto0055 Posts: 2,139 Officer
    bad calls are an unfortunate part of the game.

I've always found this answer interesting. This is the job of umpires, to ge calls right. If any one of us made a bad decision at work, especially one that cost us or a supervisor money, no one would say that it was human error. I love it when it comes to baseball umpires.
    Ssoto0055 wrote: »
    I've always found this answer interesting. This is the job of umpires, to ge calls right. If any one of us made a bad decision at work, especially one that cost us or a supervisor money, no one would say that it was human error. I love it when it comes to baseball umpires.

You'd think weather forecasters would have a high turn over rate
  • RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    That is a common statement about weather forecasters.

I have read comments defending them that they are right about their weather predictions about 98% of the time.
    Well....that is probably true.....but then again, most of us can predict the weather to about a 90% accuracy without any Doppler 5 zillion equipment.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
    The marine forecasters are wrong 98% of the time :)
  • flatbrokeflatbroke Posts: 112 Deckhand
    Umpire signals dead ball.
  • flatbrokeflatbroke Posts: 112 Deckhand
    From MLB: “After review and discussion with the umpire, we have determined that the call itself of a fair ball was correct. However, while making the call, there was an incorrect mechanic, which appeared to confuse San Diego’s base runners. At no time did the umpire verbally kill the play on the field. After reviewing the entire situation following the game, the umpire realizes his hands were in an exaggerated upward appearance similar to a call that would indicate a dead ball. While we all agree that it was a fair ball that did not hit the batter, the umpire recognizes that the proper mechanic was not executed as he tried to avoid the catcher.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file