Bahamas Vacation question (flying over not boating over)

BBARRBBARR Posts: 38 Deckhand
Planning to fly over to the Bahamas the first week of July and stay for 5-7 days with the wife (kids will be staying with grandparents for this vacation). I have not nailed down an island/place in particular over there. We plan to do 3 or 4 half day charters (offshore big game, bottom, and flats). Do you guys have any recommendations where would be the best for this combo? Any nice accomodation recommendations (has to be near good food and drink)? Any charter recommendations for the three types of fishing we plan to do?

• Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Officer
    Commercial or private flying?
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    hope town, abacos, get a 26' rental boat to fish, dive and go out goofing off island hopping in and find a place through hopetown hideaways or vro..
  • BBARRBBARR Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Thanks for the info, keep it coming. We are flying commercial.
  • BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 435 Officer
    This place is great for a kid free couple Bahama vacation but not sure if Harbour Island has charter boats? Always had our own boats there...
  • ckfrankckfrank Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Check out Green Turtle Cay, off Abaco. Green Turtle Club is a nice place, many houses to rent if you prefer. Bonefish, on foot or with guide, deep water, boat rentals, rent a golf cart for transportation, good island restaurants, no "upscale" anywhere. My wife's favorite Bahamas place.
  • Capt. James KnoxCapt. James Knox Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    hey there...i have rental cottages in the abacos if you are interested please let me know.
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    where is your place capt knox? any info much appreciated by far for traveling creatures..
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,002 AG

We've enjoyed TC many, many summers. If you'd like more specific info, PM me.

Great pool, incredible beach, Coco Beach Bar, the Tipsy Seagull bar right next to the pool, charters are available, shops and stores right there, ferry dock to Green Turtle is a short cab ride away and plenty of flight into TCB airport....... The Resort/Hotel has all sorts of rooms, some with full kitchens, etc.

"Key Largo is too small to have a town drunk, so we all take turns."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file