Fly tying supplies

tbd108tbd108 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
Any good shops around the West Palm area that have a decent selection of fly fishing/tying supplies? Used to tie a lot for trout fishing in PA, but would like to get into saltwater now that I am living in Florida. I would prefer to support the smaller shops but looking for any good selection.

Replies

• mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    The Fly shop in Ft Lauderdale has great materials. Tell Dave I sent you.
  • jaymjaym Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Ole Florida in Boca has a ton of stuff and Darren is a great guy. I live in Tampa and while we were between shops here I did and continue to do business with him.
  • linemanlineman Posts: 36 Deckhand
    If your up in vero the Backcountry has a ton of materials.
  • beyondhelpbeyondhelp Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Vero Backcountry is a great source. I was in Southern Angler in Stuart yesterday and they have a decent selection and the staff was helpful.
    John.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tbd108tbd108 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Thank you all for the info. I'll try to check out a few of them this weekend.
  • beyondhelpbeyondhelp Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Check out www.fly-fishing-discounters.com - I ordered a vise from them on Wed night and it came in yesterday. It turns out they are in Wellington. Good prices, and local. Not sure if they have a storefront but at least they are close.
    John.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FreeFlyFreeFreeFlyFree Posts: 121 Officer
    Work some times takes me to Boca Raton, FL and I never miss the oportunity to stop by Ole Florida Fly Shop or Ft Lauderdale fly shop. I enter each store with the resolute determination, not to spend more than $50 bucks, so far it hasn't happened.

Felipe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file