Homosassa 4/10 it' deep drifting time?

Well almost drifting time......Today my daughter and grandson joined me as well as my nephew and his son. So it's me a 4 novice fisherman on the boat. I tried to hit the 5' flats and fish corks but it just wasn't happening there other than one trout and a shark. I pulled the plug ten ran out to my south drifting area in 12' and set up with carolina rigs and cut bait. The seabass were so thick that the trout didnt stand a chance but the kids were loving the constant action and when the 30" sharks hit it was a real fire drill and big smiles all around. When the tide changed the trout started to hit. I moved north and there were a few trout up there as well. 4" gulp shrimp on a carolina rig cured the sharks and took some keeper trout and keeper seabass. We moved in on the points to see if the reds were biting and they were but landing them was a bit tough. My nephew Mark did take a nice 23" trout there as well as a couple smaller reds. We all had a blast and caught plenty of fish to boot!

This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file