" Ling For The Ladies" Homosassa 4/9/2012

Seas were beautiful. It was one nice day to head out fishing. Crew for the day was Mrs. Ruff One, friends Gary and Carolyn. Stopped at Bonnies and picked up some excellent livies. Our goal for the day was too get the ladies a big fish! We started out hitting all the shallow areas first, even stopping at most of the outside markers. No takers. Hit and area in 12 ft, saw 4 cobes, with one being a real beast. We worked on these guys for awhile, with no takers. Headed out to 20 ft and set up on some nice structure. Got the chum going, packed the chum churn, and settled in. Current was moving nice, and the groupers were of course there. No cobes. Then quess who shows up--The Troutman!! He idles over and we talk fishing. He roars off, churning up the water. I hit the chum churn hard. All hell breaks loose! Gail's pole goes off. Cobia in the boat. Short(32in). I pitch my Hammer Head jig. Cobia on. In the boat(32in). All released. We are in Chinese fire drill mood. I get Gail's bait set out at the 12ft depth with the Redi-Rig float. Cobia on. This one is no short. Gail's got her hands full. Nice fight, and this one get the gaff. 32lbs.!! Grab another pole, same deal, set bait at 12 ft depth, and Carolyn in on. Cobia in the boat(32in also). Man, 30 minutes of mayhem!! I guess the moral of the story is-- get Troutman to do some figure eights around the boat, and the cobia will turn on!! It seems that Cobia have to come and see what the noise is. That's why that chum churn always has a spot in the boat.
These guys seem to always be around!
100_36241.jpg
The Ruffs.
100_36141.jpg
Carolyn gets in on the action.
100_36171.jpg
Ladies are happy with the Lings.
100_36231.jpg
Gail with her Beast
100_36471.jpg
I am going to have to get a bigger cooler!
100_36441.jpg
Nice 32lb er!!
100_36321.jpg
Finally a Ruff One shot.
100_3651.jpg
Enjoy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 984 Officer
    NICE Ruff!!! way to give it to the Cobes!!
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    Great job Gail! That's a nice one.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Holy smokes RO you got into a mess WTG brother :thumbsup
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Nice fish Gail and Tom! Really glad i could help get'em going! Funny thing is my son asked me if I thought we would scare the fish off and I said more likely get them going.
    That is a fat one.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Looks like ya fired up the brownie bite again Tom. Great job.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,517 Captain
    Yes it does look like you might have to get a bigger cooler it the fish keep getting bigger, congrats to the ladies...:cool:
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • ReelhootReelhoot Posts: 251 Officer
    RO, I'm telling you that it's the PINK pole that gives Gail the edge! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reelhoot
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p341728

FOR RENT: Beautiful 2 bed 2 bath condo in Hunter Springs, Crystal River
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,076 Captain
    Cobia are so weird. I once got a pair to bite by beating the surface of the water with the boat hook.
  • HighPlainsDrifterHighPlainsDrifter Posts: 270 Officer
    Cheese and rice bud! I am taking off the rest of the day and going fishing, that is ridiculous! You better leave me some.
    "I live in a free country. I've got all the licenses, registrations, and permits to prove it!" :huh
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 787 Officer
    Congrats on a great day!
    Just in case Kyle isn't there to churn the water, here's a thought. Put an electric trolling motor on with the prop set right at the surface. Every so often turn it on for a minute or two and churn things up.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,346 Officer
    Well done!
  • gbaswolfgbaswolf Posts: 268 Officer
    Awesome fish Gail. Ruff One way to put your crew on the fish.
    Tight lines!:fishing
  • deerflydeerfly Posts: 711 Officer
    awesome :)
    "impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,163 Moderator
    I like it when the tail sticks out.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    way to go Tom, Gail, and crew, those are some nice fish!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file