American.

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    Popeye wrote: »
    If you claim to be American, Hang an American Flag air freshner from your rearview.
    If your that proud. Dump your pathetic homeland and committ. If your homeland is so great, why did you and yours wind up here? Fact is, you wound up here because your own people are commies, or murders.

Check you last name.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,129 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    true
    but people do refer to citizens of the USA as American citizens, even the customs officials

Yea well.... Customs officials are idiots.... Only slightly up the brain cell chart from menzies...
  • Toothy ThangToothy Thang Posts: 1,411 Officer
    “It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays
    saying things against one, behind one’s back, that are absolutely
    and entirely true.”
    - Oscar Wilde
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,962 Officer
    There is no such thing as a Christian country either.
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,601 Officer
    no but it may have been founded on Christian beliefs.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 25,913 AG
    America the Beautiful
    Words by Katharine Lee Bates,
    Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the fruited plain!
    America! America!
    God shed his grace on thee
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
    Whose stern impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare of freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    God mend thine every flaw,
    Confirm thy soul in self-control,
    Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
    In liberating strife.
    Who more than self their country loved
    And mercy more than life!
    America! America!
    May God thy gold refine
    Till all success be nobleness
    And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the enameled plain!
    America! America!
    Till souls wax fair as earth and air
    And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
    Whose stem impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare for freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    Till paths be wrought through
    wilds of thought
    By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
    Of liberating strife
    When once and twice,
    for man's avail
    Men lavished precious life!
    America! America!
    Till selfish gain no longer stain
    The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    Till nobler men keep once again
    Thy whiter jubilee!
    Vote for the other candidate
    Next Level wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a Christian country either.

Really?

Google The Vatican.
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »
    Check you last name.
    Im native American pal.
    Euors stole my peoples future.
    Check your last name. I bet your kin to a trator.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
    As for the peace that we would preserve, I wonder who among us would like to approach the wife or mother whose husband or son has died in South Vietnam and ask them if they think this is a peace that should be maintained indefinitely. Do they mean peace, or do they mean we just want to be left in peace? There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers.

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.
  • Anonymous2Anonymous2 Posts: 1,964 Officer
    but I'm hispanic aren't I? I'm not white unless I shoot a black kid.

Only if
    As for the peace that we would preserve, I wonder who among us would like to approach the wife or mother whose husband or son has died in South Vietnam and ask them if they think this is a peace that should be maintained indefinitely. Do they mean peace, or do they mean we just want to be left in peace? There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers.

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

Cool! You can Google too! Thanks Menstries!!!
    Splashmob wrote: »
    Only if
    The crimanal wears a hoodie.

Mark Twain
    Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers.

I can say OUR Founding Fathers.
    I can say OUR Founding Fathers.

Good for you, obviously Reagan chose not to.
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer

Story was nauseating..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Crab BaitCrab Bait Posts: 271 Officer
    Customs officials=TSA
    sorry the IRA failed.
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,231 AG
    Crab Bait wrote: »
    Customs officials=TSA

not quite the same
    tsa employees are private industry right?
    the guys at ellis island were gov
    No political signature
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 Officer
    The USA has been constantly changing for 250 years. And it had better continue changing or it will die.

Africa isn't a country.
    :)
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    Why can't we all get along?
    Cause your hair is smooth.

Mark Twain
    Popeye wrote: »
    Cause your hair is smooth.

I can't help the fact I'm a well groomed money makin playa. 4c65caa1-8ef7-432b.jpg
    You have nice eyes.

Mark Twain
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,563 Admiral
    I am Cuban because I was born in Cuba, but I am American. get it?

As long as you pay taxes ;)
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    usa.jpg
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Splashmob wrote: »
    Why can't we all get a longBOARD?

Fify

Heritage > native american, irish, welsh, english, russian
    Religion > jewish, christian, buddhist
    Country of origin > America, USA

Funny thread, but when folks ask where my wife is from, I say Jamaica, get the blank stare... uh, she's 100% chinese... still a blank stare, OK, my wife WAS a permanent resident for 20 years, bigger blank stare, UH, SHE"S an American Citizen (of USA).

My daughter, born in Hollywood Memorial, filled out college apps as.... asian.
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Why folks have issues with this is beyond me, other than are you legal, or not.
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
    got ants? wrote: »
    Why folks have issues with this is beyond me, other than are you legal, or not.

I agree but there are many people in the US that are racist towards anything not white, legal or not.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,348 Admiral
    You can be any color. If you want to be recongnized as an American it helps if you make an effort to speak the language of this country. English!!! communication is the key for people living together in a society. I have lost count of the number of Cubans for Miami that I have worked on over on this coast who have lived here for DECADES and REFUSE to speak ENGLISH! There is NO excuse for this!!! It's not like they just got off the boat 6 months ago. And some how they are getting Medicare!
    HA you seem like a guy who's got his act together from what I can gather from your posts.
    So HA if you could please convince your fellow cubans that if they want to be seen/respected as Americans they need to speak the language. keep your identity and be proud of it.
    thank you sir. I know what you're saying, but it is hard for the older generation of those who came over to learn a new language; it really is. Their children speak fluent English, as will the generations after that. have you ever tried to learn a new language at 30 or 40 yrs old? it's not easy especially when working full time and supporting a family. this is the honest truth. they take classes at night at the high school and community colleges, but they will still for the most part never be fluent in English. that doesn't change how they feel about the US. they wish they can learn English. you have no idea.
    friedpeacocks.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file