FS FORUM MEMBERS FISHING TOGETHER IS FOR "THE BIRDS"

The team assembled at Captain Don's dock to board the Sea Lust.

Jim (Junior Baiter), Bo (Let's Go), Sean (Shoeless) and Eric (Plane Fish N) were aboard today as Capt. Don's guest.

We left the dock about 7:45am and headed out of the Ft. Pierce inlet hoping to find some live bait.

We hit the 10A buoy and marked a few however they wouldn't touch the rigs. After spending about 20 minutes trying for live bait, we decided to start trolling.

Seas were about 2' with a large swell which got even larger as we hit the Gulfstream.

We searched for the elusive weedline, rips, slicks and "nervous water."

We finally hit the jackpot in 175' of water and found a perfectly formed weed line with a beautiful rip. We trolled on the east side, the west side, inside, outside.. and NADA!!!!!!

We continued east southeast and finally ended up in the Gulfstream... with not a nibble, bite, etc.

On the way back towards shore, in 225', we finally get a solid knockdown but as quick as he mouthed the bait, he released it. Bo expertly dropped back the bait and nothing. We at least watched the sail use his bill to whack the bait.

As Bo reels the hoo and within 30 feet of the stern, Seans flatline takes off like a freight train but again, the hook is spit by the sailfish.

Our true excitement for the day was a little finch who was about 18 miles offshore and found our boat. He landed and was exhausted. He ate, drank, walked about, did the chicken dance, etc and kept us all entertained for a couple of hours. This guy flew in the head, in the cabin (bunk area) and just helped himself to whatever he needed. He later flew off.

Although we didn't catch anything, we did enjoy our usual brunch which consisted of Bo's famous chicken wings, Seans beef jerky and garlic sticks made by his family in Wisconsin, Doritos, Fruit and Jim's delicious blueberry muffins.

Coming back with our 21 mile run back to the inlet, the seas picked up to 4-5' but the 32' Twinvee was masterful. We ran back at a speed of 28 mph and you couldn't tell how rough it really was.

Yeah, admittedly, it's a boring report but it is what it is.

Enjoy the video clip below.. have a few laughs and remember, if you can't catch.. have fun.

Pay close attention to the end of the video with Jim sitting on the stern. CLASSIC!

Cheers

[video=youtube_share;VO6YiOGo6qA]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eric
PLANE FISH N

Replies

• PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    That's just a lot of "plain eatin".... LOL :rotflmao

At least bring a banana and see what happens :)

It sure is slow out there...
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Hope it picks up after this front, have a tournament next weekend.
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,105 Captain
    Thanks for the report. I guess it was hit and miss, which seems to be the theme thus far.
    Nice boat and Im sure you guys had a great time so you still win.
    Rowerybo, good luck in your tournament next weekend.
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • The NickoThe Nicko Posts: 475 Officer
    Glad to see your report..!! A report like yours is very welcome compaired to a boring bragging session that gives no information on where when and how.. We have all caught and seen hundreds of pics of fish.. It's the details that matter.!!!! Thanks Eric...
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,502 Captain
    Congrats on just getting out there guys. The seas really started kicking up around 11am down here. We could only run about 10 knots. Sounds like the Twin Vee handled these conditions great!
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,925 Officer
    At least ya'll got to wet a line Eric, it beats working.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    No fish but good time for all, big question is WHERE ARE THE PHINS???????? Thanks Don for a sweet ride and good job on avoiding the fish. Joke!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,778 Moderator
    The Nicko wrote: »
    Glad to see your report..!! A report like yours is very welcome compaired to a boring bragging session that gives no information on where when and how.. We have all caught and seen hundreds of pics of fish.. It's the details that matter.!!!! Thanks Eric...

Well said and I completely agree. Reports like this keep the forum going. Great job having fun out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Tough fishing..Have had those birds many times on the boat..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 727 Officer
    sucks you guys had no action beside the bird, but you need to rack up days like this so you really appreciate when your catching, never liked fishing on a full moon, myself. Thanks for the report, your videos are always fun and my daughter got a kick out of seeing that little bird on your boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JerryBJerryB Posts: 189 Officer
    :thumbsupThat was a waste of great fishing talent:grin, could be that you all were so good you scared the fish off:huh, but a good time was had by all. Hope to join you guy's soon. Missed those wings:obscene.
    :applause[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:hungry
  • bullchaserbullchaser Posts: 930 Officer
    Agree with the full moon. Those nights are for night fishing for me. Love all the room that boat has in the back. Better luck next time fellas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,428 Admiral
    Paul,

The only thing that could've been better was to have you aboard. Welcome home! :hail

Ryan,

Good luck with the tournament! :thumbsup

Dennis,

It was tough but like Bo said, we had a blast. I'm glad you and Long were able to pop some in the boat! :applause

Bart,

Thanks so much buddy. I agree that sometimes a fishing report isn't necessarily a "catching" report but we sure wish it were. :)

Jeff,

First, loved the shots of the bullsharks swimming under your boat. :hairraiser You are right.. that TwinVee with the 12' beam is unbelievable.

Rick,

You are so right buddy. When you get a chance, PM me your schedule and let's see if we can get you aboard the Plane Fish N. It would be great to have you as our guest. :fishing

Bo,

It's always a pleasure having you aboard my friend! Of course, the chicken wings don't hurt either. :grin

Long,

Thanks much buddy. Let's get together next Weds or Thurs for lunch. :hungry

Pat,

It was really tough.. actually the last 3 trips out have been tough. BTW.. I assume that was a finch.. is that what you think it is? :shrug

Dom,

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I'm glad your daughter liked the little guy in the video. How old is she? Do you take her on your beautiful boat? :cool:

Jerry,

Welcome Home Buddy!!!!
    Bo and I decided that we needed YOUR expertise aboard to catch something. Let's make it happen buddy. :wink

Scott,

Thanks for the kind words.. Man.. we would have loved to have caught just one of those many beautiful fish you caught last week. We figured with the full moon, a Hoo might com e up and chomp on one of the ballyhoo's but no such luck. You guys were on fire over there. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Cheers all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,064 Captain
    What a great boat to be fishing from, too bad we couldn't get that sail hooked up. Had a great time and thanks to our generous host!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,428 Admiral
    Sean,

We will catch em next time!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Don was hoping everyone enjoyed themselves.

Cheers buddy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    great trip.. your inlet is fun sometimes we do water quality sampling up there.. nice boat kid..
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    At least you guys spent the day on the water. Better than what I did Sun. Installing wall tiles. You'll get them next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,944 Captain
    I was thinking of heading out and changed my mind because of the full moon. Looks like I definitely saved some gas money as there really have been little if any great reports lately. At least you guys had fun and that is what it is all about IMHO...naturally adding a few fish certainly increases the FUN!!! Get 'em next time....looking like I may try getting out Wednesday if things work out. Like that birdy, pretty cool!!
  • BocaBocaBocaBoca Posts: 606 Officer
    Thanks for the post and video. Good friends, fishing. Catching is just the added bonus to such a day.
  • Flyers UpFlyers Up Posts: 655 Officer
    Remember its not allways about catching fish!! But it does feel great when you bring some home..
  • M T PocketsM T Pockets Posts: 551 Officer
    Looked like you guys had a great time.:fishing
    I think that bird was afraid Bo was gonna make wings out of him:grin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file