power pro slick 8 timber brown

rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,137 Officer
anyone use the pp slick 8 timber brown inshore for reds and trouts?

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,523 Admiral
    Why, friends don't let friends use PP.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Martin LocalMartin Local Posts: 557 Officer
    what do friend let friend use? spiderwire? that would be worse than driving drunk!
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
  • MiamipescadorMiamipescador Posts: 696 Officer
    I have some in 10 lb spooled on a stradic 5000FJ. Have the green though.
    It feels super smooth out of the box but the coating falls off pretty fast, doesnt really give you better casts even.
    My favorite so far is the 832 and Fireline, will be trying Nanofil soon.
    what do friend let friend use? spiderwire? that would be worse than driving drunk!

Anything but PP!!!
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

see i am usually anything but spiderwire and i usually go with pp or fins
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
    see i am usually anything but spiderwire and i usually go with pp or fins

Please tell me what is wrong with ultracast? Secondly he is a jigging friend of mine and I am just ribbing him. I have had far less problems with ultracast than PP. As a matter of fact I have had far less problems with all other braids combined I have used than PP.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

• CptMikeCptMike Posts: 286 Officer
    What are trouts?
    The "redneck way".........just so long as something winds up dead.
  • rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,137 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Please tell me what is wrong with ultracast? Secondly he is a jigging friend of mine and I am just ribbing him. I have had far less problems with ultracast than PP. As a matter of fact I have had far less problems with all other braids combined I have used than PP.

sorry guys just seeing if anyone has used it since its the only brown braid out there was wondering if it has any benifit in murky water.i do use a fluoro leader so i guess it dont matter.Ive heard good things about the new slick 8 stuff but am a fan of fins braid.just seeing whats out there, I need to spool up 2 Sustain 3000FG's i got in thursday. i like that last line george. and i guess im an inshore fisherman as of late.....
    you gotta be a jack of all waters i fish everything from sails to salmon. snook tarpon and bass included, fly and livebait even trolling. i have no issues with ultracast, never used it, it might be great, but i have used power pro and fins for years and have no complaints on either. as for the color of line i dont think it matters to the fish since you have a leader on anyhow. it only serves good with a need for hi vis in trolling and kite fishing when you need to see the line. fish only care about the leader not whats on your reel. stuff like that is to catch fisherman not fish
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,365 Admiral
    I have been using the super 8 #15 for a while now , my main gripe is its not near as round as the sufix braid.The color doesn't last (no biggie) and the slick coating wears off quickly (I don't think that makes a difference) other than that its just OK imho.

forgot to add cortland master braid makes a brown colored braid also.
  • Travis GTravis G Posts: 490 Deckhand
    i like the brown super slick 8. i have it in 15# with only one complaint, as with any braid ive used, THE WIND REAKS HAVOC on it
  • MiamipescadorMiamipescador Posts: 696 Officer
    Travis G wrote: »
    i like the brown super slick 8. i have it in 15# with only one complaint, as with any braid ive used, THE WIND REAKS HAVOC on it
    Sounds like an angler issue to me.
    I fish this braid throwing 1/8 oz crappie jigs into 25 mph winds with no problem whatsoever.
  • joshuajoshua Posts: 206 Officer
    sorry guys just seeing if anyone has used it since its the only brown braid out there was wondering if it has any benifit in murky water.i do use a fluoro leader so i guess it dont matter.Ive heard good things about the new slick 8 stuff but am a fan of fins braid.just seeing whats out there, I need to spool up 2 Sustain 3000FG's i got in thursday. i like that last line george. and i guess im an inshore fisherman as of late.....

Check out Momois Diamond Braid Gen 2 it comes in brown.... I've only herd good things about it so far... I have herd alot of complaints about the new super slick coating falling off so I would stay away from that stuff right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file