3/18 Cobia

We went out Sunday for a shake down trip on the ****. We headed East out of Destin and we were around Crystal Beach when this girl came swimming by. We were about 200 yards off the color change and she was right on top and starving. Put the jig right in front of her and she was all over it. My wife Jenny was the angler and she does a great job fighting fish. It felt great to get the first one off our back and ready for more to come.

Replies

• crcattypccrcattypc Posts: 632 Officer
    Nice fish! Good job to the wife and capt
    :fishing:grin
  • joheholmjoheholm Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thanks... Im not he Capt. just one of the crew. I have been fishing on **** for about 20yrs. The **** is a 45 G&S out of Destin.
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 981 Officer
    Congrats, that's a beautiful fish. Nice job!
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,580 Admiral
    Nice fish. Congrats...
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!
    II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Thanks.. I am ready to get back at it this weekend. Hopefully have a good report.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,869 Captain
    :beer
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,810 Moderator
    Nice one! You guys get a weight on it? Looks like a pretty good fish.

I'm probably going to give it a shot on Saturday. Maybe we'll have some luck.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Not a official one. She was probably 45-50lbs. Yeah we will be out Sat. and Sun. Good luck
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,810 Moderator
    Looks every bit of 50 to me. Congrats in the fish.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file