3/9 ML Morning Reds

I am on spring break as of yesterday so I was very excited to fish nonstop but the weather is starting off nice and crappy. It looks like this weekend will be terrible but luckily I was able to get out today. The bite was very hot, and very early. The wind was dead calm first thing and kicked up a little bit by around 11:00 but by then I was already working my way back to the launch. Lots of redfish schools prowling the flats and tails were everywhere - including a fairly large tailing trout pictured below. Ended the morning with 12 reds and 2 trout all sight fished I've been using dark colored plastics and flies. Hope you guys are able to get out on a calm day soon.

Replies

• saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,556 Captain
    Nice report.
    Don't you roast in those waders though?
  • GITBITGITBIT Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Good catching. Glad to see they are biteing.

Note to self: Quit job.:banghead
  • JonDubsJonDubs Posts: 184 Officer
    12 reds?! Thats great..my good days are like three reds. Wish this dang wind would die off so i can get out there and catch them like you! Thanks for the report
    KeyWest 1520 Flats Boat
    Indian River Canoe 12' Flatback
    Heritage RedFish Kayak 12'
  • Art VandelayArt Vandelay Posts: 418 Officer
    many nice fish as usual. :thumbsup
  • Capt. Tyler VollmerCapt. Tyler Vollmer Posts: 414 Officer
    Fantastic as usual! JonDubs, don't let the wind scare you off. I had one of my best days yesterday in a 20mph wind. 30 trout and only 3 of them were under slot.
  • jumboshrimpjumboshrimp Posts: 820 Officer
    Exactly, can't wait to get a boat so I can manage to fish in wind! of course it isnt ideal but you gotta go when you can go.
    Saltybum - the waders are breathable and when I wear them with fishing pants it isn't too bad. It's almost time to fish in the nude again though it's getting nice and toasty out there.
  • troutman561troutman561 Posts: 575 Officer
    It's almost time to fish in the nude again though it's getting nice and toasty out there.

I fish in the nude anyway so I am ready for the summer. It works out though because no other boats ever come close for some reason.
  • JonDubsJonDubs Posts: 184 Officer
    Right on..ill have to stop being such a whimp and get out there!
    KeyWest 1520 Flats Boat
    Indian River Canoe 12' Flatback
    Heritage RedFish Kayak 12'
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 636 Officer
    You killed it again, great job, great looking fish!!!
  • shouldabeenworkinshouldabeenworkin Posts: 60 Deckhand
    Awesome day Jumbo
  • flkayakanglerflkayakangler Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Nice Work!
    http://www.floridakayakangler.com - Kayak Fishing Guide Robert Duerscheidt - Mosquito Lagoon, Indian River, NMZ - Member Since 2005
    http://www.healingourwoundedheroes.org/ - Healing our Wounded Heroes - 100% Non Profit Organization for taking wounded Veterans Fishing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file