Riding in Corbett

Was looking to do some afternoon cruising in Corbett on the side by side. If I'm not mistaken you are aloud to use them in Corbett but I remember the guy at the check station mentioning something about a minimum width that you must be over. Tried to call a few times but got the voice machine and no call back from them. Just want some verification before I hit the roads. Thank you

Replies

• Options
    Was looking to do some afternoon cruising in Corbett on the side by side. If I'm not mistaken you are aloud to use them in Corbett but I remember the guy at the check station mentioning something about a minimum width that you must be over. Tried to call a few times but got the voice machine and no call back from them. Just want some verification before I hit the roads. Thank you

Not sure what a side by side is . Here is what the brochure says in number 9.

9. The use or possession of airboats, ATVs, tracked vehicles or unlicensed and unregistered motorcycles is prohibited.
  • Thank you. Side by sides are UTV's they are 4x4 golf carts with a bed on the back. I think UTV is the real name for it. I was aware of 9 in the brochure but it doesn't mention them and after talking to FWC at Corbett they are aloud but there is a minimum width they have to exceed apparently?
  • launchpadlaunchpad Posts: 386 Officer
    I remember a time when the wheel base needed to be 60 inches min. I think that was about the time ATC's and 4 wheelers were first out. I think they have just exchanged that dimension for the phrase ATV.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    My buddies ride UTV's in corbett all the time.
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Launch - thank you I knew it was somewhere around there.

Gtfish - thank you I have seen them out there while hunting but was trying to make sure there wasn't a minimum width on em.
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 719 Officer
    What do you have, Sidexsides are legal to ride in Corbett, With no hunting open right now you are restricted to only North, South, part of Tomato Grade and trail 6. They are cracking down hard on joy riders. Once turkey opens this weekend you will be able to drive all numbered roads, but you had better be hunting or your gonna get in some sh:"
  • campertop wrote: »
    What do you have, Sidexsides are legal to ride in Corbett, With no hunting open right now you are restricted to only North, South, part of Tomato Grade and trail 6. They are cracking down hard on joy riders. Once turkey opens this weekend you will be able to drive all numbered roads, but you had better be hunting or your gonna get in some sh:"

RZR 800
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,134 Admiral
    We surely don't need every polaris ranger rzr owner ridin around like it's an off road park now do we..
  • Was planning on using it to get to where I wanted to Turkey Hunt as the 250 is heavy and got a little hairy last season and walking to where I was sucked. Id do it again if I had to but the ok timer I was with literally almost had a heart attack...seriously. Figured there has to be an easier way to atleast get me in the vicinity of where those birds were.

Should of just written what I really was going to be doing in the title. Didn't think I was going to get a lot of replies about using it for hunting, but now that you point it out just going and cruising around in the middle of hunting season sounds even stupidererererer.
  • mccrackermccracker Posts: 354 Officer
    You can ride anything but a fourwheeler and an airboat in corbett as long as its got a 60" wheelbase, side by sides usually got that.
  • launchpadlaunchpad Posts: 386 Officer
    mccracker wrote: »
    You can ride anything but a fourwheeler and an airboat in corbett as long as its got a 60" wheelbase, side by sides usually got that.

You are posting false information. fulltracks, halftracks, three wheelers, dirt bikes, hovercrafts, and swamp segways have all been banned.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt
    launchpad wrote: »
    You are posting false information. fulltracks, halftracks, three wheelers, dirt bikes, hovercrafts, and swamp segways have all been banned.

Well, most of what you've named don't have wheels and couldn't have a wheelbase of 60". Dirt bikes and three wheelers fall under number 9 they were talkin about, however if I had swamp segway I would joyride the hell out of it out there
    Actually they got rid of the 60" wheel base law as well, there are many 4 wheelers that exceed the 60" minimum which is why they got rid of that rule. Must have steering wheel and not be ridden straddled.
    Dang, when did that happen? I talked to FWC about that before this past season and they told me it was still 60" wb
    Talked to several FWC this year out there and that was there answer because of the 4 wheelers that met the 60" wheel base law. New to me when they told me that.
  • Fish AddictFish Addict Posts: 684 Officer
    why dont they post these rules and make them clear so everyone knows?? Pretty sure you're not allowed to run dogs out there right now for pigs either but the past 3 times i've been out there turkey scouting i see trucks with dogs going after pigs..
  • Ex-GladeshunterEx-Gladeshunter Posts: 253 Officer
    We surely don't need every polaris ranger rzr owner ridin around like it's an off road park now do we..

never mind

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file