Ice Machine

Non StopNon Stop Posts: 11 Greenhorn
Wanting to buy an ice machine for the house. I mostly inshore fish so I don't use a lot of ice, maybe 40 lbs a day. So I don't need a huge storage bin. Anyone with any experience with having one at home I'll take any advice. What brand? Best place to buy? Cost of running one? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    My parents have had a Scotsman for about 30 years and it is still going strong. Ithink it has been worked on once. But I don't even know if they still make them.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,592 Captain
    There have been a bunch of ice machine threads in the past. I personally make block ice in a group 27 battery box and store it in a chest freezer. Holds up better than cubed ice.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 Officer
    GO to southeast and get hold of Dusky. He gets a lot of off lease and other replacements.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • dusky203dusky203 Posts: 617 Officer
    Shoot me an email at tmatthews@mricemachines.com

Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file