A Question About Capt. Ed's Bash.

I believe when a member is banned he can still lurk, but not post. Is that correct?

I was wondering, if I'm banned during the time of the Bash, am I disinvited? Or could I attend and listen (lurk) and not speak? Could I eat?

Just wondering.

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,510 Captain
    Yes, you can still come and get some abuse...:kick
    or come disguised as whats his name...:grin
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 764 Officer
    Ok what did you do before to get banned? What do you have planned now to get banned,
  • BillyBilly HomosassaPosts: 2,609 Captain
    Redbonz wrote: »
    Yes, you can still come and get some abuse...:kick
    or come disguised as whats his name...:grin

:rotflmao

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Magot the disguise just might work. I believe you are right about being able to lurk while being banned. Are you working on joining that club? What kind of party would it be W/O you?
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,008 AG
    troutman57 wrote: »
    Magot the disguise just might work. I believe you are right about being able to lurk while being banned. Are you working on joining that club? What kind of party would it be W/O you?

I don't believe you can access the forum in any manner, unless you want to use your alias Magot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I guess I'd better be on my best behavior then.

Really? Banned guys can't lurk?
  • Hawk232Hawk232 Posts: 327 Officer
    well if banned members can lurk, it is without other members being aware, i would think if you are banned you would only be allowed to attend as a lurker which means that you would have to hide from everyone. Of course, the benefit of lurking is that you will be able to eat all of the food without actually contributing any!!

on a serious note, it depends on how the person is banned. just a banned s/n yes they can lurk, if they keep being problematic mods can typically do an IP ban meaning that you could not access the website at all from that IP
    Hawk232 wrote: »
    if they keep being problematic mods can typically do an IP ban meaning that you could not access the website at all from that IP

That's the one I'm shootin' for.
    Or they could make it where it takes you 15 clicks to get to the subterranean forums you're looking for and therefore not worth the effort. Wait a minute...
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    I know of 3 guys who just got Banned, and so far your not one of them. When the word " Banned " goes beneath your name your in hot water.
    PONCE wrote: »
    I know of 3 guys who just got Banned, .

Dang, Ponce. You hang out with a rough crowd. You ain't back with Uncle Jere and them moon shiners from Keen-tuck, is ya? th_tooth.gif
    magot wrote: »
    Dang, Ponce. You hang out with a rough crowd. You ain't back with Uncle Jere and them moon shiners from Keen-tuck, is ya? th_tooth.gif

hahaha, nah but those guys were some good ole boys, you would likem fighting0001.gif Hey Mags I think you know them also, you just aint figured it out yet confused0081.gif
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,510 Captain
    PONCE wrote: »
    hahaha, nah but those guys were some good ole boys, you would likem fighting0001.gif Hey Mags I think you know them also, you just aint figured it out yet confused0081.gif

He don't know them, he is related to them wwwwway back...:grin
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    troutman57 wrote: »
    What kind of party would it be W/O you?

Answer= A party with some class..... Magot's got class, it's just low.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    That's the one I'm shootin' for.
    Or they could make it where it takes you 15 clicks to get to the subterranean forums you're looking for and therefore not worth the effort. Wait a minute...
    The fact that you are here Magot says the "Makin it 15 clicks attempt didn't work".:)
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Posts: 1,692 Captain
    Yeah, Togam can go instead of me. Thanks, Bonz.

DSCN0456.jpg

Dam You Ugly!!! Hell Yer evan more uglier than me!! Can a guy get banned fer bein Ugly???
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    Can a guy get banned fer bein Ugly???

If that was true a couple of us would be in trouble.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
    Heres another angle of Togam crashen our pool party P1030546.jpgsign0008.gifThe Tog man is always welcome in my neck of the woods
  • Capt.EdCapt.Ed Posts: 368 Officer
    I was wondering, if I'm banned during the time of the Bash, am I disinvited? Or could I attend and listen (lurk) and not speak? Could I eat?

Just wondering.

Actually Magot, Being BANNED might be a requirement for future bashes. We will called them Banned Bashes and only members who have been the victom of the FS **** patrol will be allowed. As we all know the only people who get banned around here are the ones who actually made this place somewhere fun to visit. Soon all that will be left here will be butkissers and the weak minded :-( oh and of corse the little ****.
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,008 AG
    Ah yes, the FS ****. We read, we learn. Who will be next?

The Germans had received orders from **** himself to increase to 100 the number of Yugoslav civilians to be shot for every soldier killed by the guerrillas. On October 20th the Germans descended on the Serbian town of Kraljevo, recently the target of a joint Chetnik-Partisan raid that killed about 30 German troops. According to official German reports, their troops put to death about 1,700 of the inhabitants; the Yugoslavs claimed that nearly 6,000 people were slain. On the next day they entered the town of Kragujevac, near the site of a Partisan raid that had killed 10 German soldiers. The Germans said 2,300 townspeople were put to death. The Yugoslavs said it was more like 7,000.
    Partisans and Guerrillas, Time Life Books on WWII
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • GilmoreGilmore Posts: 126 Officer
    Amen to all that Ed. Magot might be the last of that breed left on here. He also might be a word or two from being zapped himself. Although he`s pretty cagey about staying right on the edge. P.S. Thanks for the history lesson Flash.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file