More Juvie Tarpon on Fly

jkayakflyjkayakfly Posts: 52 Deckhand
Gary from NH wanted to set out this weekend to try to catch his first ever tarpon. Mission accomplished with several landed and multiple grabs on fly. Take advantage of the mid to the last of the incoming tide to catch more than your fair share of tarpon and snook in the backwaters and canals.

http://www.finseekerguidedadventuresfl.com

Kevin from Chicago on foot targeting poons in the Glades:

Replies

• Luftwaffe1989Luftwaffe1989 Posts: 170 Officer
    I envy you.... Haven't **** fish for over two years now!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My second (wife):grin... My 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (LS6).
  • seatroutmasterseatroutmaster Posts: 35 Deckhand
    what type of fly you using?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkayakflyjkayakfly Posts: 52 Deckhand
    You never get tired of catching those micro poons on light gear especially from a kayak! Tough to veer off from using the old standard tarpon toad though I've been doing well on rabbit strip and muddler flies...really anything that pushes water well especially when they're actively feeding.
  • The French guyThe French guy Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Caught 10 in about 45 minutes on last Friday night. Some were running about 25 pounds. No snooks though. I used two different types of flies of my own design.
  • LostFLAboyLostFLAboy Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Sweet, J! Saw your earlier post where you mentioned you were catching on a 5 wt. rod, I bet that was awesome!!! Great pictures ... keep’um comin’.
  • FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Posts: 516 Officer
    Man that is awesome. Some of the coolest fishing is small tarpon, flyrod, and tight quarters. I've had them jump INTO the trees in some tight places. Pound for pound, those little buggers pull harder than anything. Thanks for sharing.
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Posts: 1,009 Officer
    Great pics!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    Shadowcast Charters
    Ankona Boats Sales Rep
    2018 Tavernier 17.....Coming Soon!!
    www.shadowcastcharters.com
  • jkayakflyjkayakfly Posts: 52 Deckhand
    No doubt! They're my favorite fish to catch especially in tight quarters from a kayak. It's exhilarating when they jump close to the mangroves and pull you in..never a dull moment!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file