Great American Grunt Hunt

Replies

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 10,987 AG
    Are you in John? :grin BTW, check your im's.
    Fisherman.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 3,989 Moderator
    This is what it's coming down to!! Fishing for grunts -- and catfish on Father's Day!
    Ya know Jack, I have some :obscene that I work with. This be a good reason to get them out and have some fun. :grin
    Fisherman.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,858 Moderator
    I am definitely in, this is going to be a very fun event, kind of, throw your hands up, what the heck lets have a dang Grunt tourney. Mad Beach Muni and Old Salts are pretty stoked for this, The fish fry on Saturday should be a good time at the "weigh in", and Captains party will indeed be a party. I'll have Red Solo cups for all.

P.S. Jeff, I think I've cleared up the thirty mile mystery, IM coming your way.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,365 AG
    With my luck if I went out to try and catch grunts I'd only catch grouper:grin

I wonder if I could use a grouper head to catch a grunt?:huh
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    With my luck if I went out to try and catch grunts I'd only catch grouper:grin

I wonder if I could use a grouper head to catch a grunt?:huh
    Ha, now that's funny, perhaps some of the juvi short RG heads would work for the lunker grunt. Yea, we'll be throwin' a couple grouper back for sure.
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 349 Deckhand
    Hell, this actually looks like a lot of fun. So who wants this grunt catching machine on their boat? Are they gonna have a flyrod division? How about bonuses for fishing 2# test?
    BTT
  • Reel IrieReel Irie Posts: 81 Deckhand
    website does not seem to work....
    cape-horn-boats-L20889.gif
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    look at this... You guys once made light of me in my early stages of being the grunt master lol now they have things so choked off they are gettin a tourney now lol who woulda ever thought flatsrunna was so wise to be so young at the time ! Thnk I'll grab my family and see if I still got teh touch !
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.
    OK, who's in? The Squidink site is up and running, you can save 10 bucks by pre regestering. Be there or be square.

P.S. This is pretty much a non-serious fun day of fishing type of thing with a shot at winning something for being out on the Gulf. Think of it as a big ol' West Central get together, the weigh in and Capt. meeting could be mucho good times for all.
    John, I'm talking with a couple of people from work and we're probably going to do it, just for ****s and giggles.

Now I need to break out my secret book for monster Grunts. Maybe even a run to the Elbow for a world record. :grin
    Fisherman.gif

Abraham Lincoln
  • Are they going to have t shirts?
    I'd pay the entry fee just to have a "Grunt Hunt" t shirt.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • stupid double post.
    :thumbsup I'll check on that one Jerry.
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,340 Officer
    YO DOUG!!!!
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    Are they going to have t shirts?

x2....but i won't make it. i'd still like to buy a shirt...
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
    DBRYAN wrote: »
    YO DOUG!!!!
    What are you saying here Dave? :grin
    Fisherman.gif

Abraham Lincoln
  • Doug is nearly as proficient at grunt catching as he is canoeing.:grin
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    Are they going to have t shirts?

Just talked to John and he's pushing hard - maybe try and find a rod somewhere - we can always tail Mango to the hot spots
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
    Ha!! Dixon you're killin' me, thank god for tivo, the bolts are on as I type, and yes there will be T shirts for the Grunt Hunt, I checked today, working on a design.
  • OK John, so you'll talk to dixon about t shirts but ignore me???????????? is it because I'm a Buccaneer and Rays fan?? ......I'm hurt, appalled that my support of the Bucs and Rays is less in your eyes then my support of the Lightning.:cry

P.S. I'm there..............somebody give me a ride.

ESD, you never called:huh
    I thought if there was ever anyone you thought was the right person for this............:huh
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    crap I will have to miss this one as Ill be in daytona 23... stinks man
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.
    Sorry Jerry, didn't mean to slight you in the least, Dixon and I were talking about his wobbly toilet, honest. (though, we do have a Lightning bromance going)
    But, you were the first to ask so you should have been first to know, Yes there will be American Grunt Hunt T shirts.

Hey Dixon, Jerry needs a ride for the tourny, hint hint.

My boat is full with some out of state ringers and Tommy as the mate.
    Doug is nearly as proficient at grunt catching as he is canoeing.:grin
    :grin
    Reel-Lucky wrote: »
    Sorry Jerry, didn't mean to slight you in the least, Dixon and I were talking about his wobbly toilet, honest. (though, we do have a Lightning bromance going)
    But, you were the first to ask so you should have been first to know, Yes there will be American Grunt Hunt T shirts.

Hey Dixon, Jerry needs a ride for the tourny, hint hint.

My boat is full with some out of state ringers and Tommy as the mate.
    Jerry, I may have a spot open if they don't, but you'll have to put up with a bunch of 21-25 year old chics. :shrug

I think we can take John and Dixon, hands down. :wink
    Fisherman.gif

Abraham Lincoln
  • OK, I've got a bid from mango mutt of a boat load of babes.
    You guys are gonna have to step your game up to top his offer:grin

Hint, hint........booze and food might do it.:wink

John, with Tommy as your mate it's a good thing you won't be trying to catch real fish:)
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    OK, I've got a bid from mango mutt of a boat load of babes.
    You guys are gonna have to step your game up to top his offer:grin

Hint, hint........booze and food might do it.:wink

John, with Tommy as your mate it's a good thing you won't be trying to catch real fish:)

Hey I called dibs on you first - nobody else showed you any love until then, like **** women nobody wants you until somebody else does.

I hadn't thought about fishing it until last night, you were my #1 draft pick so byte me
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • Didn't know you were gonna fish it for sure.
    You know it'll be team Eggsnatcher if your gonna fish it.
    No boat load of hot babes can buy my loyalty:).........unless of course Jeff comes up with some food and booze:grin

Team knotreellucky has no chance.:cool
    Didn't know you were gonna fish it for sure.
    You know it'll be team Eggsnatcher if your gonna fish it.
    No boat load of hot babes can buy my loyalty:).........unless of course Jeff comes up with some food and booze:grin

Team knotreellucky has no chance.:cool
    You cheesy bastid! Now you're playing the ends against the middle. :nono :kick

No one has enough money to supply you with babes, food and booze. :grin

Take him Dixon, he's all yours...I hope you two handle the boat better than you guys do sitting in chairs. :grin

So I see the teams are already forming. Team Mangomutts v Team Eggsnatcher v Team Knotreelucky. :cool
    Fisherman.gif

Abraham Lincoln

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file